27 December 2009

1st Blog Post Ever - Creative Outlet

As you can see from the title, this is my first blog post ever!

I've been thinking about blogging a bit lately, after hubby suggested it to me when I began considering using writing as a creative outlet.

I've been trying to come up with a new creative outlet for a while. For years it was playing classical guitar as a teenager, which then morphed over time into singing with the guitar as accompaniment. Unfortunately with two small children, music is not really possible any more, at least not at this stage of their lives. At the moment it's mainly an issue with the eldest. She's three and she just wants to play the guitar too and make requests. Requests are great, but eventually you do run out of animals on Old MacDonald's Farm and it's time to come up with some different material. I barely get through the first verse of anything of the non-nursery rhyme variety before I'm interrupted by "My turn". (It's great when kids learn about taking turns, except that the other person is lucky to have a turn lasting ten seconds while the kid's turn goes on for an eternity.)

Anyway, at least blogging can be done, quietly, at night after the MissyMoos go to bed. Let's see if I keep this up...

10 comments:

  1. Hahaa, that is so true. The 'My turn, my turn my turn" is a great learning exercise but also not a lot of fun. Like 3 small people taking it in turns to mix the cupcake batter... shoot me now!
    It does seem that you have managed to 'keep this up' well done xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whoa! You've definitely kept it up, and created a legion of loyal followers at the same time. Where would we be without you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. And you sure did keep it up!! What a seasoned blogger you are. I'm glad you found the right creative outlet for you and that you're still enjoying it :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So great that you've kept it up.
    Thanks for linking with The Lounge!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that like me, you weren't really sure if you would keep it up or not, and yet here we both are years later. Writing is such a great outlet, because you can do it regardless of the mood you are in and it doesn't really need anything fancy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, you're really multi-talented, guitar, singing AND writing! Glad the blog has worked so well for you. xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good on you for keeping it up since 2009 - what a legend! And god bless blogging for the flexibility to do it whenever we get the chance to do so as well as for it's therapeutic qualities and sanity saving ability!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Damn! I can't remember the last time I picked up my guitar! You've inspired me to dust it off!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great first post! Setting the scene for everything yet to come! Glad you stuck with it.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Please leave a comment here before you go. I love reading them!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...