20 May 2010

Liver Cleansing Diet: Conclusion

Conclusion? Surely 56 days haven't already passed us by, I hear you exclaim. Well no, no quite...

Things have been a little quiet on the blog front since the spectacularly early demise of the liver cleansing diet. On day 6, after incessant complaining from yours truly, hubby and I dropped the diet and celebrated with KFC for lunch that day.

Rather than rabbit on about it any more, I thought a quick summary would suffice.

Things from the diet I will continue to use:

• the pumpkin soup recipe, yum yum;
• the chicken and almonds recipe, ditto;
• drinking filtered water (it tastes so much fresher);
• drinking 2 glasses of water with freshly squeezed lemon juice first thing in the morning; and
• drinking V8 daily

Things from the diet I have been happy to ignore since day 6:

• soy milk - I don't like it and it doesn't like me;
• eliminating red meat from my diet;
• eliminating dairy from my diet - as well as milk in my coffee, I'm quite partial to yoghurt and ice cream;
• wholemeal bread;
• wholemeal pasta (an abomination in my book);
• cooking absolutely everything from scratch; and
• celery in every single meal.

Of course if I thought we actually needed to do it we might have lasted a bit longer (maybe a week!). But considering my alcohol intake is virtually non-existent and weight loss is not on my agenda, I don't think the liver cleansing diet is really for me. Now, time for a coffee with cow's milk.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. Please leave a comment here before you go. I love reading them!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...