26 September 2010

Morning! ... almost

MissyMoo2 (15 months) has developed a bad habit: waking early.

It began a couple of weeks ago as awaking slighty before her usual 6am but has morphed in this morning's experience: 5am ... zzzz

Hubby has been doing a bit of the getting-up-early-in-the-morning since I started working (a topic for another blog post no doubt), but today he did not stir so I did the honours. There she was, standing in her cot, dummy in mouth, looking forlorn. I resisted the temptation to pick her up, still clinging to the faint hope that I might be reunited with my bed once more this morning. I patted the mattress, put warm blankets on and tried a few other tricks which sometimes work when MissyMoo2 has not yet completely deteined that it is time to get out of bed.

Not this morning though - she had decided that it was time to get up. I picked her up, walked past my bedroom door (with difficulty as a fought the temptation to bring her back to bed with me, the voice of reason in my head saying "Don't start that again") and into the lounge room. She had a bit of her bottle, but as I sit with her lying asleep in my arms, it seems that nothing beats a warm, snuggly cuddle early in the morning.

At least we'll be ready for daylight saving...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. Please leave a comment here before you go. I love reading them!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...