22 May 2011

Sneak Peek

Yesterday we had our eagerly-anticipated 20 week scan for Moo #3. For the uninitiated, it is a diagnostic scan which checks out baby's organs and measurements as well as keeping an eye out for any visible physical abnormalities. An added bonus for those who want a sneak peek is that it is often an opportunity to find out the sex of the baby. We found out with the MissyMoos and had been looking forward to doing so again as our "halfway reward", as I like to call it.

So yesterday morning hubby and I, along with MissyMoos 1 & 2, made a family morning of it. MissyMoo1 (4) took a bit of notice but MissyMoo2 (23 months) had much more fun spilling her sultanas all over the floor and trying to pull my socks off while I was lying on the examination table. Happily for us, things look fine with baby. Not so happily, whether the next Moo is a Missy or a Mister is not yet clear. Although I know I should have felt happy that things were okay with bub, I left the ultrasound feeling incredibly flat at baby's little secret. Having two girls and being pregnant again, people often ask if we're trying for a boy. But I actually don't mind in the slightest whether my baby is a son or a daughter - I just wanted to know! Later that afternoon, I just felt ... sad. I'm blaming hormones for the disproportionate emotional reaction ... completely. But I just never thought I'd hear the sentence: "I think it's a labia, but it could be a scrotum."

I suppose time will tell...

2 comments:

  1. I cant believe it.
    You BLOG!
    I so wish I had known this last night when we were out with Monica. All my Aussie friends think I'm a few sandwiches short of a picnic because I write and interact with virtual strangers. Well now I know another potential nutter in person and you seem pretty sane to me!
    Keep up the blogging.
    Oh, and try not to let small things like giving birth get in the way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, yes I blog, but as you'll see from the history on my page, it's rather sporadic... Ooh, don't make too many assumptions about my sanity, Gina. I still don't quite know why I do it. I don't have telling stories to my friends overseas as a reason - most of my overseas people don't speak English!

    If blogging comes up as a topic of conversation next time we're out and about, we potential nutters will have to stick together! I haven't had a chance to have a good look at your blog yet but I will soon :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Please leave a comment here before you go. I love reading them!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...