20 May 2011

Tumblr post #2 (Dec 2010): Cool Stuff I Get To Do Because I Have Kids:Trampoline

As an adult, I think it's safe to say that unless you were involved in some kind of sporting activity involving somersaulting, you would not own a trampoline. Unless, of course, you own said jumping device as trustee for your children.

Having kids has given me the opportunity to own a trampoline, something I didn't have in my own backyard as a child. I always thought it was just something for the kids to play on, until one day I saw it, just standing there, daring me. A smile began to form on my face, breaking out from the monotonous seriousness of adulthood.

I don't quite know what happened, but the next thing I knew, I was looking down at my yard, unsteady on my feet from the instability of the object on which I was standing. Then it started.

Wooohoo!!!

I was jumping, feeling taller and freer than I had in a long time. I could see way down the street. I waved at the neighbour's dog and set it off barking. I jumped as high as I could (which, incidentally, wasn't all that high).

It was exhilarating ... and surprisingly good exercise. With one small act, I flung the wight of reponsibility off my shoulders, bounced away my burdens and JUST HAD FUN!

I thoroughly recommend a go on the trampoline. Thanks kids, I couldn't have done it without you xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. Please leave a comment here before you go. I love reading them!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...