04 June 2011

Sneak Peek - The Discovery

Yesterday I went for another ultrasound. Apparently baby had been moving too much the first time to get enough good pictures of the heart & spine. As soon as I was told there would have to be another scan, I worked hard to suppress any excitement about finding out the baby's sex lest I be disappointed by ambiguity once again.

The scan went well. My lovely mother looked after the MissyMoos so I could go along without distraction (Hubby was at work). Baby moved a bit, but because we didn't have to redo all the measurements again, the guy doing the scan was able to concentrate on getting a lot of pictures of the important stuff: heart, spine ... and the baby's sex.

About halfway through the scan, he confirmed what hubby and I had suspected - it's another girl! At first I was just plain relieved. Although each baby is different, we already have two girls so we have a fair idea of what to expect. Having had one born in summer and one in winter, we have all conceivably necessary clothing for our spring baby. We have all the toys, wraps, towels, you name it, we're already ready.

After the initial relief, I allowed my complete joy to surface. The picture I'd quietly hoped for and dared to glimpse in my mind of three little girls was now something I could freely look forward to. People have often asked me upon finding out I'm pregnant with my third child: "Are you trying for a boy?" Don't get me wrong, I would have been very happy to be having a boy too - it would have had its own set of wonders and joys to cherish. But we weren't trying for a boy, we were trying for another child. And I think that with three girls, I can picture my family as complete and I'll be the happiest mum in the world!

1 comment:

  1. Great news Francesca! I'm glad you know for sure now. You can stop wondering and start imagining!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Please leave a comment here before you go. I love reading them!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...