06 October 2011

St. Gerard Majella - Prayer for Expectant Mothers

Last year, well before hubby and I were thinking about or planning MissyMoo3, my mother-in-law gave me a prayer leaflet containing some prayers seeking St. Gerard Majella's intercession for various family/motherhood related intentions.

Once I got pregnant with MissyMoo3 I said the prayer "For Expectant Mothers" most days.

"Almighty and everlasting God, through the power of the Holy Spirit, you prepared the body and soul of the Virgin Mary to be a worthy dwelling place of your divine Son. You sanctified St. John the Baptist, which still in his mother's womb. Listen now to my prayer. Through the intercession of St. Gerard, watch over my child and me; protect us at the time of delivery. May my child receive the saving graces of Baptism, lead a Christian life, and, together with all the members of our family, attain everlasting happiness in heaven. Amen."

A friend of mine from high school also put me onto a novena to St. Gerard Majella and we prayed it "together" (at the same time hundreds of kms apart!) in the lead-up to MissyMoo3's birth. If anyone is interested, it can be found at: http://www.saintgerard.com/nineday.html.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. Please leave a comment here before you go. I love reading them!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...