02 November 2011

Come sit on Elmo

Hubby and I have decided that the time has come to introduce MissyMoo2 (2) to toilet training. She knows what and where the toilet is, but is yet to grasp the notion that its use is more than just a novelty.

I'll make it clear that MissyMoo2 is nowhere near ready to ditch the nappies. But since beginning the abovementioned "training" she is at least starting to tell me when she has done a #2 in her nappy. Good start!

I'm being much more laid back about things this time around; I was much too anxious about it all when MissyMoo1 (4) was at this stage. My "strategy" so far involves using Pull-Ups, inviting her to use the potty or toilet and putting her there first thing in the morning. We have a special seat for her for the loo which has Sesame Street characters on it. MissyMoo2 is usually relectant to go first thing in the morning, so I say: "Come on, come and sit on Elmo." She replies: "No mum, I sit on Cookie Monster" and on she goes! The things we do... So cute!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. Please leave a comment here before you go. I love reading them!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...