06 November 2011

Long lost letters

My parents have for years been wanting me to clean out some of my old stuff from their place. When Hubby and I first got married, we were renting so I said it could wait until we bought a house. Well, that was 5 years ago and I still have heaps of crap in my old room at my parents' house.

So the other week while we were visiting on a rainy day, MissyMoo1 (4) and MissyMoo2 (2) were amused and MissyMoo3 (then 4 weeks) was sleeping, so I had a rare opportunity to go through my cupboards.

I am such a hoarder!!!

I had some major culling to do - there wasn't room at my place to keep it all!

One of the things I found was a pile of old letters from late high school and early uni. My friends and I were prolific letter-writers, in high school particularly. I seriously can't believe that after spending all day together, then having long telephone conversations after school, we still had enough material to write pages and pages of letters to each other! I remember that then we would deliver them the next morning at school and read them in reading/roll-call session before first period.

And how did we fit in homework amongst it all?!

They say kids of today spend heaps of time on smart-phones and Facebook. A few people had the Internet at home in my last years of high school, but not many, and we didn't communicate by email. We probably spent just as much time on distractions then, just those of the non-electronic variety.

It was great to see all that stuff again and get an insight into how we thought as teenagers - it makes me realise that although I still don't feel like an adult sometimes, I really have grown and changed.

Oh and I found the Zebra book! High school people, you know what I'm talking about!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. Please leave a comment here before you go. I love reading them!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...