07 December 2011

No bowl choc bit slice

I made a slice for when some friends came over to visit on Saturday. I have been making it for years, as a friend's Mum used to make it way back in our high school years when a bunch of us would go over to her house. We all thought it was her special recipe at the time but it turns out she got it from the Australian Women's Weekly! It's really easy to make and delicious too!

Anyway, our guests loved the slice and one of them asked me for the recipe, so I thought I'd also put it on the blog.

Ingredients:
90g butter, melted (I use un salted butter)
1 cup (125g) sweet biscuit crumbs (Arnotts Nice are good)
1 1/2 cups (185g) choc bits
1 cup shredded coconut
1 cup chopped mixed nuts
400g can sweetened condensed milk

Method:
Grease a 23cm square slab pan, cover base with baking paper, grease paper. Pour butter into prepared pan, sprinkle evenly with biscuits, choc bits, coconut and nuts. Drizzle with condensed milk. Bake in moderate oven for about 30 mins. Cool in pan before cutting. Store in fridge. Keeps about a week.

2 comments:

  1. I will be showing Sian this recipe today in the hope she feels inspired to get busy in the kitchen!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness I have been looking for this recipe for ages. I think of that slice and Danielle every time I get sweetened condensed milk. But I didn't have the recipe- till now! thanks, Lou

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Please leave a comment here before you go. I love reading them!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...