21 January 2012

Fiorello - back in time to 1993

I've been loving You Tube lately. Since we've had the computer in our lounge room after rearranging the house, we've been taking advantage of having the internet at our fingertips by playing old songs from You Tube clips.

One which I searched and listened to today I couldn't help sharing here: Fiorello - Puoi

I heard this on my first trip to Italy in 1993. I was 12 years old and had a few cousins in their early twenties who I looked up to. Despite the language barrier, they were warm, caring and friendly. One of them, I can't remember which, gave my sister and I a tape of Fiorello's album "Spiagge e lune" and this song, "Puoi" was my favourite on the tape. When we returned home I would listen to it over and over again. I just loved the music itself as well as the memories it evoked of an amazing trip we'd had on the other side of the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. Please leave a comment here before you go. I love reading them!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...