16 January 2012

Poor blanket

The big, soft, cosy blanket which I lovingly knitted for MissyMoo2 (2) when she was born suffered a mishap this evening. I'm not quite sure how it happened but it got a really big ladder in it - the wool was pulled out and two rows are now really close together. I have a feelingMissyMoo2's plastic Dora the Explorer doll's hand or foot may have been involved...

I'd be lying if I said I wasn't upset about it. After all, a lot of time, effort and love went into making it just right. But, it serves me right for knitting something with such loose tension for a child. It's still fine to use, it's just that it has seen better days.

On the upside, I now have a "brilliant" (i.e. fairly simple and functional) idea for my next knitting project. I won't say too much more just yet - I'm still thinking it through ;-)

2 comments:

  1. Oh No! Is it fixable? I know being knitted that's unlikely but maybe a simple darning stitch....?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've just tied a knot in it so it doesn't pull out any further. I might try to weave it in later as it's quit a long piece of wool, but i didn't have the heart to try it tonight. I'll keep it out of reach until I figure it out - she doesn't need it at the moment anyway.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Please leave a comment here before you go. I love reading them!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...