26 February 2012

Pancake Tuesday

On Tuesday afternoon, in the car on the way home from school, I was talking to the MissyMoos about Ash Wednesday the next day. While doing so, I had a lightbulb moment and realised that it was Shrove Tuesday or Pancake Tuesday. MissyMoo1 (5) excitedly said that they had spoken that day in class about how people eat pancakes the day before Ash Wednesday.

Now I'm not usually keen to give myself an extra cooking project in the afternoons, as even preparing dinner can sometimes be too much. But I found myself getting caught up in the excitement and before I could stop myself, I offered to cook the MissyMoos pancakes for afternoon tea.


Pancake Batter Recipe
1 cup flour
1 cup milk
1 egg
I also added a dessert spoon of caster sugar and about a quarter of a cup of dessicated coconut, just to add a bit of flavour. It wasn't too bad.
Beat until it forms a batter.



 My attempt at pikelets - the MissyMoos thought they were the bees knees.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. Please leave a comment here before you go. I love reading them!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...