09 February 2012

Reading myself to sleep




MissyMoo2 (2) loves it when we read to her. She's always grabbing a book from the bookshelf and climbing on the couch next to me or Hubby, wanting us to read to her.

Today while MissyMoo1 (5) was at school, I was sitting on the couch feeding MissyMoo3 (4 months). MissyMoo2 appeared with The Little Mermaid, curled up next to me on the couch and asked me to read to her. Now this version of the story, while in a small book, is a little wordy and takes a little longer to read than your average little kids' story. But, MissyMoo2 is really enjoying her time at home with mum while her big sister is at school, so I didn't want to send her away to go and get a different book.

I read to her. When I got to around three quarters of the way through, my eyes started drooping. I could hear my words slurring as I read out loud to MissyMoo2. I fought the urge to close my eyes. I surprised myself really, I'm not much of a napper during the day, so when I feel the need to sleep during the day, I know that I must be really tired.

I ended the story with relief. I suggested to MissyMoo2 that she go and get a puzzle, then gave in to the weight of my eyelids. MissyMoo3 and I had a little cosy snooze on the couch and woke up just in time to see a couple of finished puzzles!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. Please leave a comment here before you go. I love reading them!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...