14 May 2012

Cool Stuff I Get To Do Because I Have Kids: Wiggle!

As I mentioned in my Thankful Thursday post, MissyMoo2 (2), MissyMoo3 (7 months) and I recently rocked out at a Wiggles concert.

MissyMoo2 had been to one once before, although she was too little to remember it. I had taken MissyMoo1 (5) to a few back in the day, so I was looking forward to this one. In addition to getting out of the house and listening to a band on stage (okay, a kiddy band, but I'll take what I can get these days), I was excited because this was my first Wiggles concert with ... (drumroll) ... Greg Wiggle!

Sam was great. The concerts with him were fun and energetic, and he really does have an amazing voice. All of our previoius live Wiggles experiences involved him.

But...

We also owned a lot of the old, pre-Sam, dvds. It was fantastic to see Greg up on stage with the rest of the Wiggles and singing some of the old favourites as well as a few new numbers. It had a bit more of a band feel to it (I keep thinking of the "Blues Brothers" line: "We're putting the band back together").

The music was great and, as usual, there were some jokes in there for the grown-ups including the obligatory mention of Henry the Octopus' tenticles.

MissyMoo2 is quite shy. She's not the kind of kid to dance around. She stood up pretty much the whole time with a couple of fingers in her mouth, staring at the stage. But she enjoyed it. She did NOT want to sit down! MissyMoo3 had a ball too - she was bopping around on my knee, squealing and whacking me. I have a feeling she'll be the dancing-in-the-concert type when she's a toddler.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. Please leave a comment here before you go. I love reading them!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...