10 May 2012

Thankful Thursday: First go

One of the blogs I follow (kate says stuff) hosts a "Thankful Thursday" post. I think this is a brilliant idea. It's easy to complain about, make fun of, or take for granted things in our lives, but it should be just as easy to be thankful for them "out loud".

I'll try to keep this up each week. As this is my first Thankful Thursday post, it might be a bit long. I'll start with the bigger picture and work my way down to specifics:

  1. I'm thankful for my husband. Hubby is awesome in so many ways. He's all the husband, love, friend and father to our kids I could wish for.
  2. I'm thankful for my MissyMoos. They're cute, clever and make my heart melt when I look at them.
  3. I'm thankful for my parents. They're heading overseas today. I'm thankful that they're able to do things like that for themselves and so thankful for all the help they give us (which I'm sure I'll really miss over the next few weeks!)
  4. I'm thankful for my house. I whinge about it a lot, but it's home and I wouldn't want to be anywhere else (so ner people who wouldn't buy it 18 months ago - you did us a favour!!).
  5. I'm thankful for my job: that I have one to go back to in a few weeks, that it's a job I enjoy, that it's part-time and that it's with people I get along well with.
  6. I'm thankful for MissyMoo1 (5)'s school, MissyMoo2 (2) and MissyMoo3's (7 months) playgroup and our church: that it's a real feeling of community and that we have made some very close friends through them. Although we no longer have a parish priest at the moment, I'm sure our community spirit and care for one another will keep the parish going through difficult times and that things will settle down in the end.
  7. I'm thankful for my friends, old and new, in-person and blogrific. They make my world go around.
  8. I'm thankful for the Wiggles. They gave us fantastic entertainment this morning (more on this in another post!)
  9. I'm thankful for all three MissyMoos playing happily together without fighting while I got organised for the school run and our Wiggly outing this morning.
  10. I'm thankful for seeing where my earring landed on the floor this morning so I didn't have to go searching for it while I was rushing to get dressed.
That'll do for now. I'll have to save up some things for next week!

8 comments:

  1. What a beautiful list <3 Thankyou so much for joining in!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kate. I realised I forgot to link back to you, so I have amended the post and included a link to your blog. Great idea :-)

      Delete
  2. Sounds like you have a lovely family and loads to be thankful for. I'd totally be thankful for the earring thing too- we have an earring monster in our house that is forever stealing just one earring (of every pair).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rhia. Hmm, that earring monster is busy, he gets around!

      Delete
  3. Lovely post! I fluctuate my thankfulness of The Wiggles. Love that my girl adores them and they make her happy, but sometimes, one can any take so much Toot Toot Chugga Chugga Big Red Car...!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hear you on the Wiggles! Luckily Miss L isn't into them in a big way, so it's not in our face all the time. Made the concert much more enjoyable!

      Delete
  4. Hello Francesca!
    I am a newbie to your blog... I stumbled upon it by chance and I loved this post! Sometimes we can get so caught up in the day to day things that we become blind to the good things we have.

    I am a mummy blogger too; if you have time, pop on over to mine!

    Ps. I'm thankful that my little boys are snoozing soundly so I can finish blogging this evening!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for commenting Schez. I had a quick look at your blog - it looks great; I'm looking forward to reading more soon :-)

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by. Please leave a comment here before you go. I love reading them!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...