31 May 2012

Thankful Thursday - Home Safe and Sound

I spoke to Par on the phone this morning. He and Nonna were on the last leg of their overseas trip: the train ride from the airport home.

Today I'm thankful that they had a fantastic trip in Scandinavia over the past three weeks and that they're home safe. I'm looking forward to hearing their stories. The MissyMoos have missed them and are looking forward to seeing them soon (not just for the presents they're bringing back!).

I've missed them too, but not in the helping with childcare/babysitting department. We've actually done fine in that department, which makes me feel good, because sometimes I worry that I ask too much of them in helping out from time to time. I've missed them dropping in and having a chat, playing with the MissyMoos and just generally spending a bit of time together. It's so funny how relationships with your parents change over the years. But no matter what stage of life I'm in, their love is constant. And for that, I am thankful.


Linking up with Kate from kate says stuff for Thankful Thursday

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. Please leave a comment here before you go. I love reading them!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...