29 June 2012

Liebster liebster

I got an email today which made me smile. It was a notification of a comment from Schez on my latest Thankful Thursday post, saying that she had given me a Liebster blog award!





You might recall that I was fortunate enough to have been awarded this once before. Although it has the same name and the same purpose, the rules for passing on today's award are quite different to the last time. (The image also looks a little shinier!)


Here are the rules:
  1. Each person must post 11 facts about themselves.
  2. Answer 11 questions the tagger has given you and give 11 questions for the person you tag.
  3. Choose 11 people & link them to your post. (They must have 200 followers or less)
  4. Tell them you have tagged them.
  5. Remember, no tag backs.

11 facts about me: 
  1. I am left-handed;
  2. I play the guitar like a normal person, not upside-down/back-to-front like some lefties;
  3. I'm a lawyer but I've never represented someone in court in real life;
  4. When I was a kid I used to think that if I could just wiggle my nose like Samantha on "Bewitched", I could do magic too;
  5. I love stationery;
  6. I'm a chocaholic;
  7. I believe that prayers have helped me;
  8. I can't dive - I'm a bellyflopper every time;
  9. I have blue eyes;
  10. Hubby and I got married on his birthday;
  11. Sometimes I daydream about moving to Sicily (although living with austerity measures does not enter into it - it's a daydream, after all).

Schez's questions for me:

  1. What did you want to be when you grew up? A doctor, then a singer, then a foreign affairs officer, then a lawyer .
  2. Who do you most admire? I can't narrow it down to one person. Just people generally who are able to be kind and positive when life seems determined to break them.
  3. Where is your most favourite place to be? In my snuggly warm bed.
  4. What is your favourite TV show? Right now it's either "Revenge" or "Once Upon A Time"
  5. Do you believe in guardian angels? Absolutely, without a doubt.
  6. What is your favourite treat? Guylian chocolates
  7. What are your hobbies? I have too many for a mother of three kids: playing guitar, knitting, reading, writing, blogging.
  8. What is your favourite childhood memory? Christmas with my nonni. The three-bedroom house would manage to accommodate 7 adults & 2 children and still look presentable for visitors.
  9. If you go to the cinema, what flavour popcorn do you order? If not popcorn, what else?! Just plain popcorn ... or a choc top.
  10. Who or what makes you laugh? Hubby. And he does it when I'm grumpy which really pi$$es me off, and makes me laugh at the same time.
  11. Who would you want to see live in concert? Andrea Bocelli.


 Questions for my tagees:
  1. Does vegemite go in the fridge or the pantry?
  2. Today, are you where you thought you'd be ten years ago?
  3. What is your favourite thing about blogging?
  4. Do you have any quotes you live by, or just favourite quotes?
  5. Do you know any foreign languages?
  6. What's your shoe size? (yes, I was looking at my feet when I thought up this question)
  7. Which do you prefer, winter or summer?
  8. What is your favourite colour?
  9. Do you like your name?
  10. Do you have any regrets, like, big ones?
  11. Have you ever experienced déja vu?

Tag Time!

Now, I have done a (very different) Liebster thing before, but I would still like to tag those bloggers I tagged before, because I still love reading their blogs (the ones who are still blogging anyway). Now if you've already had one of these awards, don't feel any pressure to do the Liebster thing again, but of course, do if you want to :-) So here they are in no particular order:

  1. Gina from The Baynhams
  2. Hilary from Making Each Day Count
  3. Naomi from Dialogue of a Wallflower
  4. Melissa from From Boardroom to Babies
  5. Mez from Back in G-Town
  6. Mumma G from Musings From Mumma G
  7. Bree from Twinkle in the Eye
  8. Lara from This Charming Mum
  9. Lil from Lil and Hubby
  10. Madeline from The Things We Do

12 comments:

  1. Hi Francesca, from your latest follower. Thanks for the follow!

    Anne @ Domesblissity x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Francesca!
    I reeeeeeeeeeeeeally enjoyed reading about you - your comment on Q.10 made me giggle out loud... I totally get that!

    P.S. Wouldn't it be great of we could make magic just by wiggling our nose?! Hehe. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It sure would! Thanks again for thinking of me :-)

      Delete
  3. Thank you soooo much! You are too sweet. I don't feel I deserve an award right now, I've really dropped the ball, but it is very much appreciated all the same!

    Loved your answers too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're very welcome. The great thing about blogging is that if you don't feel like doing it, you don't have to, but what you've done in the past is still out there to be read and enjoyed by others :-)

      Delete
  4. Thank you! Sorry it has taken me so long to acknowledge this - things have been a little crazy round here! And thanks for introducing me to some new (to me) blogs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're very welcome. I hope all is well with you :-)

      Delete
  5. Thank you so much for introducing me to this. It was lots of fun answering your questions and pondering my own! Unfortunately my blog has been having some technical problems and has been blinking in and out this week. But here's the link to my Liebster post for you or your readers. xx
    http://thischarmingmum.com/2012/07/01/on-receiving-a-liebster-blog-award-its-an-honour-just-to-be-nominated/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for adding your link. I love it. I hope your technical issues sort themselves out soon.
      xx

      Delete
  6. Hi Francesca,
    thanks so much for including me - I am very chuffed! I def plan on doing this even if it doesnt happen straight away! Cheers, Mez x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks Francesca, I too will get around to doing this one day! Just got to start reading a few more blogs so I can pass it on!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Please leave a comment here before you go. I love reading them!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...