07 June 2012

Thankful Thursday: Birthday Week

This week is my birthday week and I am oh so very thankful.

Since day dot, my family and I had always celebrated birthdays, but it was not until Hubby and I started dating that I was introduced to the concept of the birthday week. Hubby has been a great advocate of the birthday week in the time I have known him. Let me explain.

The birthday is still celebrated - it is, of course, the day around which the birthday week is based. It is, shall we say, the climax of the birthday week.

The subject of the birthday week is permitted to decide when the birthday week begins, be it from a week before the birthday and ending on the birthday, a few days beforehand and finishing a few days afterwards, or commencing on the birthday and finishing a week later. Factors contributing to the decision on when to position the birthday week include: day of the week on which the birthday falls, timing of other importants events/birthdays, whim.

I am in amongst the birthday week right now. This week I haven't taken nearly enough advantage of it because I've been thinking about other things, but I'm settling into it quite well right now. I'm having a nice glass of red (just to clarify, this is being drafted Wednesday night - I am not drinking wine at 6am on Thursday!) while listening to MissyMoo3 (8 months) say "mumumum". MissyMoo3 (5) and MissyMoo2 (2) have made me some cards. Tomorrow will be morning tea with B and on Saturday I shall be the guest of honour at a family lunch.

Birthday weeks are awesome. So is my family for making it special. There is a thankful overload over here this Thursday.

xx

Linking up with Kate from kate says stuff for Thankful Thursday.

6 comments:

  1. I think this is a lovely way to celebrate a birthday, HAPPY BIRTHDAY! And many happy returns for your special week!

    PS. I couldn't help go all goey when you described how your little Miss A was saying "mumumum!! Gorgeous... and hand made cards sound wonderful, I can't wait until my boys can do things like that :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!

      Oh, I love them getting bigger - they can do some cool stuff :-)

      Delete
  2. I agree! Birthdays are awesome. My first turns 3 on Sunday and it will be awesome! I am your newest follower! I loved your Thankful Thursday post. I did one too. Check it out if you have time @ http:mostwhatmatters.blogspot.com. Can't wait to hear more!
    Amber

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for following, Amber. Happy birthday to your little one. I'm looking forward to having a good look at your blog soon :-)

      Delete
  3. Happy Birthday Week!! I am very jealous and will be campaigning for birthday week in house hard!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now there's a ritual I can get behind! Thanks for linking up with Twinkle in the Eye :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Please leave a comment here before you go. I love reading them!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...