21 June 2012

Thankful Thursday: Thursdays

I am thankful for Thursdays.

Now that I am back at work part-time, Thursdays are like my Saturdays, except that I have one less child at home than Saturdays with MissyMoo1 (5) being at school.

I am even more thankful that the past two Thursdays have been sunny, as on Thursdays washing is now a priority.

I am thankful that, even though I'm not feeling overly thankful about anything in particular today (just mildly thankful about a lot of things), since participating in Thankful Thursday blog posts, once a week I make myself sit down and think about what I am thankful for.

Apart from Thursdays, today the thing that is starting to stand out in my mind as I ponder what I am thankful for, is my faith.

Calm down non-Catholics or those who do not like to discuss/believe in religion or spirituality. I am not going to preach to you. I'm not a huge fan of uninvited preaching myself. This is not an evangelising blog, it is a personal blog. And I am speaking about my personal experience. What I am going to say is that I have noticed over the past few years, a gradual strengthening of my faith. There are peaks and troughs, of course, and I have a long way to go, but I am happily on a journey. I don't have all the answers, and I'm ok with that. I am finally approaching a place where (sometimes) I don't have to control everything and I can just have faith. And I'll thank God for that.



Linking up with Kate at kate says stuff for Thankful Thursday.

4 comments:

  1. Haha! Love that you calmed the critics first!

    I too am thankful for my strengthening faith and realising my weaknesses are actually strengths.

    Thanks for this, it is so nice to be thankful for the simple things that don't require THINGS! That is what I have learnt by doing my Thankful Thursday posts.

    Mwah,
    B

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your comment, B :-)

      Isn't Thankful Thursday a fantastic idea? I'm so happy to be a part of it.

      Delete
  2. "Happily on a journey" - I love your words. What a beautiful way of putting it. Happy Thankful Thursday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Thankful Thursday for the exact same reason - especially when I have had a busy week and haven't been able to post - just the fact that I can sit down and reflect on what I am thankful for is great.
    Have a fantastic Friday ! Love, hugs and positive energy.
    Me

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Please leave a comment here before you go. I love reading them!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...