02 July 2012

I Spy In July: Carousel of Confusion

I spy with my little eye...

The carousel of confusion:


This was one of MissyMoo2's (3) birthday presents. We have named it after a phrase in the Barbie "Mermadia" movie. (The big MissyMoos love this movie and love pretending to be Bibble). Yes, that is Dora plastered all over the thing. We like mixing our characters in this house.

Also known as the "carousel of colour" and the "carousel of craft", the carousel is a winner. With crayons, textas, pencils and a stamp on top, it can keep the big MissyMoos amused for up to half an hour at a time, often without arguing (miraculous!). We have had a lot of rainy days in the past couple of weeks, so it has had good use already.

It's just that we don't have anywhere to put it. It's currently sitting on the dining table, and the pile of artistic oeuvres grows and spreads, it appears, on an hourly basis. My little strategies for containing craft, which I have developed over the past twelve months (saving some good stuff for their folders, putting some on their bedroom walls, sending some to relatives, recycling) are ill-equipped to deal with this onslaught ... and today is only the first official day of school holidays! The carousel is moved away for mealtimes and then takes pride of place again once the table is cleared of food and plates. It has even displaced the fruit bowl in the middle of the table. It is a small price to pay for peace of mind and entertaining the big MissyMoos, I suppose. And they do come up with some cute drawings.

Join me for "I Spy in July". See my introductory post for an explanation. I don't have any linky widgets, so if you do join in, please leave a comment on that post to let me know and link to your post so we can all read what you spy in July!

3 comments:

  1. LOL when my little ones were smaller the artworks made wonderful gift-wrapping paper.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it's a beautiful table arrangement, who needs fruit when you can have Dora! Thanks for linking up Francesca :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Please leave a comment here before you go. I love reading them!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...