03 August 2012

Surprise gift

On Wednesday night when I got home from work, MissyMoo1 (5) proudly told me that she had made me some earrings at school that day. I smiled and thanked her, thinking it would be made of paper, that I would drape it over my ears and it would be ripped apart my MissyMoo3 (10 months) the instant she got within reach of it.

Much to my amazement and delight, MissyMoo1 presented me with these:


I couldn't believe it at first.

I turns out that there was an adult helper at school doing jewellery making with the kids at lunch time. MissyMoo1 went along with some of the year 6 girls - her buddy and her buddy's friends - and MissyMoo1 made these for me (with a little help from her big friends).

I've been wearing them ever since. MissyMoo1 is proud as punch. And so am I :-)

7 comments:

  1. That's lovely! Yes, I would have been expecting something made of macaroni. Lucky Mum.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How beautiful! I can't wait to see them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure you'll see them soon - I've been wearing them every day!

      Delete
  3. I tried to make earrings like these and because I'm a spatial idiot I could never twist the wire the right way so they would hang straight. I'm impressed and you should be very proud! Thanks for linking up for Flash Blog Friday :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I am very proud. I've never tried it, but it doesn't look easy! My pleasure, thanks for hosting :-)

      Delete
  4. Oh cute, and sentimental for you. I have a bracelet my son made at school too, it's very special to me :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Please leave a comment here before you go. I love reading them!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...