02 August 2012

Thankful for snotty noses and associated small blessings

I had a different thankful Thursday post in mind, but with Blogger having some kind of gremlin not letting me upload photos, I've had to come up with something else.

Today, here's a thankful post about the little things.

We had a crazy 15 minutes at one point in the afternoon. MissyMoo3 (10 months) was playing in a corner of the lounge room and I, with my blocked nose, did not smell what was going on. I saw MissyMoo2 (3) lunge towards MissyMoo3 for a cuddle from behind, wrapping her arms around MissyMoo3's waist and pulling MissyMoo3 in tight. Aww, I thought, how sweet. Until MissyMoo2 pulled away, revealing a brown lump on her skirt and brown squidgy marks all up MissyMoo3's back...

Gross.

At that point I was thankful for my temporarily absent sense of smell.

I'm thankful that there was just enough time to give MissyMoo3 and MissyMoo2 baths before we had to go and pick MissyMoo1 (5) up from the bus stop.

I'm thankful that MissyMoo3's back-end explosion did not occur during our outing this morning.

I'm thankful MissyMoo1 caught the bus today, otherwise it would have happened in the car while we would have been waiting in the school carpark.



Linking up with Kate at kate says stuff for Thankful Thursday.

4 comments:

  1. Oh. I am so often thankful for well timed explosions. Well not the explosions themselves, but the timing certainly ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, we have had a few close calls over the years!

      Delete
  2. I too am grateful. Grateful that I was not visiting during those ten minutes!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Please leave a comment here before you go. I love reading them!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...