13 August 2012

The Full Montezuma - Peter Moore

I just finished reading The Full Montezuma by Peter Moore.


Hubby has owned this copy as long as I have known him and it has always sat on our bookshelf, loud and bright. But for whatever reason, I had not read it until now.

It was a great change of pace after reading Vinegar Hill. I liked reading about this carefree life that some people can live, not booking every hotel in advance, going with the flow. It's not something I think I would have been able to do pre MissyMoos and is definitely something I wouldn't/couldn't do now. In fact, as I was reading the book I kept thinking about how I had no desire to do what they were doing with my mind permanently in mummy mode. Having said that, it was a bit of escapism for me to read this.

It was written light-heartedly and I enjoyed the easy-to-read writing style. I was able to read it fairly quickly, which is just as well because I have to get a move on with the next book for Old Ducks Book Club - I cannot read more than one book at a time!


Book: Paperback. I own it (actually, it's Hubby's).
Rating: I gave this 3 stars on Goodreads.
One-liner: I enjoyed this light-hearted, easy-to-read book about a couple's travels.

2 comments:

  1. Hope you will be all ready and fired up for Thursday night. My questions list has become 4 sheets long.... Joke!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh how I loved re-reading 31 Dream Street! Now the dilemma - to blog about it now, or after book club discussions next month...

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by. Please leave a comment here before you go. I love reading them!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...