27 August 2012

Verbal Snapshot: MissyMoo3

One of the things I enjoy about this blog is being able to go back and see who was doing what at any given time, particularly with the MissyMoos. It records things that I might otherwise have forgotten.

MissyMoo3 is now 11 months old. Part of me can't believe it, but at the same time, it feels like she has been a part of our family forever. This time last year, I was 34 weeks pregnant. A year on, I write to MissyMoo3  about what she's up to at this point in her life:

  • You have two teeth - in the middle at the bottom
  • You are a crawling monster. You're so fast. Sometimes you use stealth mode: I can turn around and feel you grabbing at my leg when two seconds earlier you were on the other side of the room. Sometimes you get really excited and kind of pant when you crawl - you go so fast you get air and look like you're about to take off. That's when you're a crawling flying monster.
  • You stand. So you're also a crawling standing monster. I'll be honest, baby, the crawling standing monster stage is, I think, one of the hardest. You can reach everything and pull everything because you can stand, but because you can't walk yet, I still have to carry you a lot. You're doing your best to keep mummy fit.
  • In recent days, your practise-walking has improved out of sight. Now, if Daddy or I stand you in front of us and hold your hands above your head, you will place one foot in front of the other without prompting and "walk" around the room. You still need a lot of support, but you're getting there. Baby steps :-)
  • You still usually have three bottles per day: one first thing in the morning, one mid-afternoon and one at night. The mid-afternoon one doesn't happen every day though.
  • Yesterday you started drinking cow's milk from the bottle instead of formula and you love it!
  • You also have breakfast, morning tea, lunch, afternoon tea and dinner. Little tub tub :-)
  • This week I'll also stop steralising water for your sippy cups.
  • You love your sippy cup with a straw and you drink heaps of water through the day now that you have figured out how to use it.
  • Words you can say: "Dada", "Mamma", MissyMoo1's name (the baby version), "Nana" (nonna), "ina" (Gina is bribing MissyMoo1 and MissyMoo2 with the promise of cupcakes so they will train MissyMoo3 to say Gina - it's working!)
  • You won't lie still on the change table. Singing "Twinkle twinkle little star" used to distract you - you'd lie still and wiggle your fingers in the air. Now "If you're happy and you know it, clap your hands" works about 60% of the time.
  • Your hair fits into a pony tail on top of your head, Pebbles-style. I've also put it in piggy tails a couple of times.

6 comments:

  1. I love my blog for the same reason...it is the ultimate baby book and holds so many memories.
    Baby C used to pant too...mostly when he saw Puppy Bunny or sultanas...I guess it doesn't take much to excite a toddler!

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Part of me can't believe it, but at the same time, it feels like she has been a part of our family forever" - I couldn't agree more with this statement. Isn't it strange how when you're expecting them, you wonder how another life could possibly fit into your family. Then they're here, and everything just falls into place :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lol - cute. I like that about blogging too! Had to laugh at keeping Miss A still on the change table - my 8 month old is like this too - I have to have a new toy, book, tube of Curash (insert any random crap here really) at hand to keep him amused and lying straight!

    ReplyDelete
  4. isnt 't is amazing when we look back and see all we have gone through?!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've been trying to reply to each of your comments individually, but nothing happens when I click on reply...

    Mother Down Under, you're so right, they're so easily excited - so cute!

    Kelly, it's so true. I remember feeling the same way when we went from one child to two as well.

    Hilary, your boy sounds just as wriggly as my little one. Sometimes a clean nappy to play with does the trick for her too.

    Annmarie, it's wonderful to keep a record of all these little things :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. It was priceless last week to see Miss E holding her hands & seeing her walk. Probably the most exciting bit was seeing Miss E's excitement! It was very special. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Please leave a comment here before you go. I love reading them!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...