22 September 2012

31 Dream Street - Lisa Jewell

After the disaster that was Vinegar Hill, when the Old Ducks put it out there for suggestions for our next book club book, I jumped at the chance to suggest 31 Dream Street by Lisa Jewell.

I read this back in 2010 and absolutely loved it. It was easy to read but not in a dumbed-down kind of way and I grew so attached to the characters that I didn't want the book to end. It was no different reading it second time around. It had been sufficiently long between reads for me to forget some of the story - at least at the start - so it was interesting as well as familiar.

I read it a couple of months ago, but as I'm starting to find with Old Ducks, we quack a lot, but not much about the book. So in two meetings, with people being unable to attend due to other commitments and just general gas-bagging, we haven't yet talked about the book. October it will be! I had wanted to hold off on this post until our discussion, to get the other ducks' perspectives, but I couldn't wait any longer.

So, if you want to read an ultimately uplifting (did I give away the ending?!) book with a great story, well-woven, with lovely characters, give this one a go!


Book: Paperback. I own it.
Rating: I gave this 5 stars on Goodreads.
One-liner: I loved this one just as much second time around :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. Please leave a comment here before you go. I love reading them!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...