29 September 2012

Lucky Liebster number 5!



In early September, Jay nominated me for a Liebster award.

Thank you so much Jay!

Yes, I have taken a while to accept this lovely award, but as you'll see from my archive list, September has been a slow-ish month for me on the blog - silly real life getting in the way of a good story.

I love these awards. I get very excited when I receive one, because a) it means someone other than Mr O is actually reading my blog and b) someone likes it enough to think of me when the opportunity to pass on the award comes their way.

The rules are the same as before. But, as in my previous Liebster acceptance post, this award will hit a dead-end with me and not be passed on, as I'd be passing it to the same people over and over again.


11 facts about me

Fact 1. I have hair which can get quite frizzy. As a teenager, I wanted it to be super-curly which never happened. Now I own a GHD.
Fact 2. I love post-it notes.
Fact 3. As a child, I was super proud of myself when I figured out how to skip like Dorothy from the Wizard of Oz movie when she skips along the yellow brick road.
Fact 4. My clothes currently reside in a bookshelf in my bedroom. I wish I could say it had something to do with my love of books, but it's more about the "home organisation" of my wardrobe currently being in a state of flux.
Fact 5. I load my groceries straight from the shopping trolley into empty washing baskets in the boot of my car. Two friends of mine got me onto it and I haven't looked back. One of those friends is Gina. You should check out her blog. She's all kinds of awesome :-)
Fact 6. I recently did my first guest blog post on someone else's blog. It gave me a warm fuzzy feeling.
Fact 7. I'm starting to like fast food less. Could I be growing up?
Fact 8. I sneak chocolate snacks in the kitchen. My kids know about it. Turns out I'm not as sneaky as I thought.
Fact 9. I loathe and detest cleaning the oven.
Fact 10. Mosquitos stalk me. I do not invite their attentions.
Fact 11. I think I might finally be sick of the Wiggles. But I still have a one-year-old. How will I get through the next few years? Maybe it's just a passing phase...

Jay's questions for me

Q1: Did you expect to get a Liebster award?
A1: No. I've received a few, but I've never expected one.

Q2: What is your favourite toy?
A2: Neddy. My teddy :-)

Q3: Made toys or purchased toys?
A3: Purchased. Made toys in our house are those made out of paper which last up to 10 seconds before they're destroyed by brute child force.

Q4: What is your favourite form of social media?
A4: Facebook.

Q5: What was your favourite book as a child?
A5: I can't narrow it down to one. I loved Roald Dahl books and the Anne of Green Gables series of books.

Q6: What is your favourite book now?
A6: This is tricky. Favourite book I've read recently would be 31 Dream Street. Favourite book of all time? I haven't a clue...

Q7: Where would you go if you won the lotto.
A7: Sicily

Q8: Dryer or line?
A8: Line in good weather. Dryer only when necessary.

Q9: Do you have a pet and what is it?
A9: Yes, we have a fat cat.

Q10: What browser do you use?
A10: Internet explorer, but it's a pain in the backside sometimes.

Q11: Coke or pepsi?
A11: Coke


Thanks again for the award, Jay
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. Please leave a comment here before you go. I love reading them!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...