13 September 2012

Thankful Thursday: Babies!

A few weeks ago, we welcomed a new baby into our (extended) family. Aunty J had her third child, a beautiful little baby girl to join her big brother and sister in their family.

We travelled to visit them soon afterwards and I was lucky enough to have cuddles with my sleeping four day old niece. I'm not good with other people's babies;  I never have been - not even since having my own children - but this baby girl didn't cry or even wake while I was holding her. Maybe, finally, after having three of my own I have some skills in this area!

The MissyMoos are very happy to have a new cousin (well, those of them who can talk have expressed their excitement) and they loved looking at her. MissyMoo1 (5) and MissyMoo2 (3) got their baby cuddle fixes while we were there too - now that MissyMoo3 (11 months) is a big baby, there are less of those going around in our house these days, as their baby sister thinks it's much more fun to wriggle away and play than to lie still and be cuddled!

Welcome to the world, little one. We're thankful that you're here :-)

Thankful Thursday

10 comments:

  1. ohh new squishy baby - welcome and congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is nothing quite like a new born baby in a family (so long as it isn't mine or one that I am responsible for anyway !!!)
    Have a great day !
    Me

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, after having my three, I now feel the same way :-)

      Delete
  3. How exciting for your family! Now that I'm a mum, I can't help but feel thrilled when I hear about the arrival of new babies x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh you had me a little excited with your title there, I thought you were welcoming number 4! But great news nonetheless. I was blessed to meet my first nephew this year and being an aunty has blown my mind, and my children are stoked to have a cousin. Love, love, love. Welcome to your niece x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh dear, no Kelly! I'd need to be made of stronger stuff to survive a fourth!

      Delete
  5. Welcome earthside to your new little niece! Congrats! x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Please leave a comment here before you go. I love reading them!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...