30 October 2012

50 Shades of Thinking About Jumping off the Bandwagon

Many of you would have read that I swallowed my pride and prejudices (actually, that's a book I haven't read in a while - note to self: put that on the reading 'to do' list) and read 50 Shades of Grey.

I recently completed the second book of the trilogy:


Take all of my issues with the first book as a given; they continued on into this book. The "voice", the multiple personalities, the ridiculous sayings - they were all there. So I decided when reading this book, to alter my perspective. So that I would not be annoyed, I decided to think of the book as a comedy. I would tell Hubby the ridiculous descriptions of things as I read them and we'd have a laugh. I think my favourite is when Ana described a look that Christian gave her as "panty-combusting". That cracked me up.

The story got a bit romantic in this book, which, admittedly, I quite liked. (I'm a hopeless romantic at heart). I am glad I pressed on and read this book, but I've decided that the third instalment is not for me ... at least not for a little while. I liked where the second book ended. I read the blurb about the third book and I can't be bothered with the drama of it. I think I need a rest from the characters and a change of pace. There are a couple of as yet unread books on my bookshelf calling my name, so I think I'll listen to them first. I think my love of sets will win out in the end and I will eventually read book #3, but I won't be forcing myself to do it right now.

Book: Paperback. I own it - bought it at Big W.
Rating: I gave this 2 stars on Goodreads.
One-liner: Stopping here for now ... can't.go.on...

2 comments:

  1. "Panty combusting"? That conjures up all kinds of odd imagery.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a typically (for this book) ridiculous description.

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by. Please leave a comment here before you go. I love reading them!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...