07 October 2012

Francesca meets Floriade

When we were doing the organising part of our trip to Canberra a few months ago with Gran and Soot, one of the key attractions to going there at this time of year was Floriade.

I'm not really a gardeny flower person. Don't get me wrong, I like flowers. I appreciate their appearance and their scent, I like receiving them from Hubby, but I don't know much about them. I can tell a rose from a tulip, but that's about the extent of my knowledge in that department. I didn't know much about Floriade and it had never been on my list of things to see in my lifetime, but I thought, hey, why not?

I'm glad we went. It ticked so many boxes. On our first full morning in Canberra,we woke to sunshine. Once we navigated our way through the counter-intuitive rings and roundabouts to the car park, I was pleasantly surprised to find that all day parking was only $8. (For our nation's capital, I had been expecting something in the realm of Sydney prices - nowhere near it!)

Entry was free. We decided to hire an extra stroller for MissyMoo2 to use - as soon as she got out of the car she'd started complaining that she was tired and didn't want to walk - and that only cost $5.

The flowers were bright and beautiful. There were rides for the kids and coffees for the parents. Not all of the flowers were in bloom yet, but even so, it looked gorgeous.




As a reward for getting to the bottom of the garden, there were some baby animals to pat...

Actually, we weren't allowed to pat this one, but isn't it cute?


...and a scarecrow to guard them.



The MissyMoos were wowed by the girls on stilts. We saw a camera crew filming them for "Better Homes and Gardens" while we were there - that was pretty cool.

   
We had a great day out in the sunshine. It was a wonderful start to our time in Canberra.

2 comments:

  1. Lovely photos. I've always wanted to go to Floriade. We were there at the right time one year but the weather was awful! Looks like it was bright and sunny for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, we were very lucky with the weather all week :-)

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by. Please leave a comment here before you go. I love reading them!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...