01 October 2012

Leopold and Felicity found my children

Do you remember Leopold and Felicity? I've mentioned them before. I'm pretty happy that we haven't seen them much lately.

I'm sad to say that last week they found us.

We weren't even home. We were on the run. On holidays. But they still managed to find MissyMoo2 (3). And on her baby sister's first birthday, no less.

Perhaps it was a chance encounter. Perhaps they weren't seeking us out. Or perhaps they were. I'll never know. All I know is that when they found my family, they made themselves very comfortable. They imposed. And they followed us home.

MissyMoo2 woke up on the morning of MissyMoo3's 1st birthday to a spew fairy's only gift. Luckily, by lunch time we'd had no more vomits, but she was still very tired and had very little appetite. She was sick again on Friday and wasn't what you would call "well" until Sunday.

MissyMoo1 (5) was also the recipient of an unwanted gift - two actually; hers were Saturday morning, in a hotel room on our stopover on the way home from our holiday. MissyMoo2 also had a sympathy spew that morning. Oh the joy. Thankfully, Leopold and Felicity did not hop into the car with us for the rest of our journey home. There's a good thing about having a car-full.

We thought that was that, that we'd left our free-loaders stranded somewhere on the highway. But no. After we were well and truly home safe and sound, on the eve of MissyMoo3's first birthday party - Sunday night - it was her turn. The poor dear. Luckily, it was only the once. But the damage was done. The party was called off. Today she has been in good spirits, but has slept quite a bit, so it was a good thing she didn't have all the attention that the party would have brought over-exciting her.

That's it Leopold and Felicity. You are being evicted. Do not, I repeat, do not even think about coming near Hubby or I. We have work in the morning, and I'd much rather be there than at home with my head in the basin, thank you very much!

6 comments:

  1. Oh No! The poor girls, I hope they are feeling better now, no more spew fairies! (LOL - I had never heard it called that before!) Hope Miss A enjoyed her birthday anyway, and that you and hubby manage to avoid it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Hilary. Miss A is still a little sooky, but apart from that, the bug has passed. Thankfully Mr O and I were spared!

      Delete
  2. just brilliant!
    we are planning quite an extensive road trip at the end of the year and I'm packing two buckets - one for each of the boys - in case the spew fairies decide to hitch a ride!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good thinking. That is one thing we weren't prepared for!

      Delete
  3. Oh no! This is one of the worst parts of parenting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So gross. And so horrible to see the little ones suffering.

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by. Please leave a comment here before you go. I love reading them!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...