16 October 2012

Mamma cranky pants

I had a happy drive home from work today. The weather was warm, the sun was shining, there was good music on the radio. I thought to myself: Francesca, when you get home, you're going to be cheery. No nagging the kids, no shouting at them. We're all going to get along.

It started off well. I managed to sneak into my bedroom to get changed before anyone called for me.

But then it started: the loud voices, the whinging, the whining, the wriggling, the taking half an hour to eat the veggies, the weeing on the bathroom floor before getting in the bath, the "I want that face-wash", the wriggling during nappy changes, the bickering, the taking half an hour to put a nighty on, the not doing what they're asked even after the sixth time, the disappearing bedroom floor hiding under toys and  books and crayons, the baby being removed from the clothes drawer to the other side of the room a split second before jamming her little fingers, the not being able to find a decent comb in the cupboard, the baby back at the drawers before I even have a chance to close the cupboard door, the "I don't want to", the "she did it", the baby screaming after falling on a puzzle piece with a little handle on top of it which was left on the disappearing bedroom floor...

JUST STOP!

Well, pardon me for shouting.

Tomorrow is a new day. I'll try the cheery me again tomorrow. Think happy thoughts...


15 comments:

  1. Both mine are at daycare tomorrow. Bring it on!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE your post. Somehow knowing someone else had the exact same evening as me made me feel so much better. You're right. Tomorrow is a brand new day! Now, off to eat some ice cream...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh gosh, this happens to me all the time, I am determined to be cheery and then life gets in the way. It's frusrating and annoying, and then I feel guilty for getting cranky. But as you say, tomorrow is a better day and we can always try again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...and again and again...

      I know, the guilt. It's terrible. Oh well, it's all part of parenting, I suppose :-)

      Delete
  4. God I hear you. I'm running away this weekend sans the small people. Counting down the hours. I will come back refreshed and patient, without my shouty voice. That's the plan anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The whining, does it ever stop? gee i hope so but i'm not so sure My 11 and 8 year old are almost as good as my 5 year old with all the whining.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no, don't tell me that. Did I wrongly assume it would get better as they get older?

      Delete
  6. Oh this sounds so much like me! I would love to be in a good mood with my boy but some days it just ain't gonna happen!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, how often has this happened to me??!!! I go to the gym early in the morning hoping that its the exercise that'll kick me off to a good mood for the day. Then I get home, it all falls to pieces and I go back to my grumpy Mama role. It's tough, isn't it ?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sure is. But we can't always be happy, what goes up must come down...

      Delete
  8. I so hear you! Ever afternoon we have the fighting - the screaming is something that I cant handle....today we had a good afternoon but that was because not everyone was home :)
    Love it when its bedtime - quiet time!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Please leave a comment here before you go. I love reading them!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...