23 October 2012

Togs and Gogs

MissyMoo3 (12 months) has joined in on the "activities" scene, joining her sisters doing swimming lessons.

Hubby and I, being the experienced parents that we are, have been a bit clever about it this time. (Well, actually, it's all Hubby on this one - he organised it). Hubby, my hero, managed to book in all three daughters in swimming lessons at their various levels, at the same time!

This, my friends, is a stroke of genius! MissyMoo1 (5) and MissyMoo2 (3) are each in classes which have a few other kids in them and a teacher - no parents required. MissyMoo3 (12 months) is in a class where a parent accompanies the baby. This organisational marvel of my husband's means that with three children each doing a half hour class, even with changing time afterwards factored in, we're in and out of there within the hour.

MissyMoo3 likes the water. She's a bit sleepy at the time of her lesson and the warm water in the hydrotherapy pool where she has her lesson is very relaxing. She started sucking her fingers while she was floating on her back the other week and I thought she was going to fall asleep!

MissyMoo2 is now in a class without a parent and she's doing quite well. For a kid who used to cry at the mere thought of getting her face wet in baby classes, she's amazing. She wears goggles and puts her face in all the time, she has never once complained or gotten upset about getting in the pool without us.

MissyMoo1 does about six strokes with one breath and can do the worm! She does great in the lesson pool and in our pool at home. Our concern with her was that because she is tall enough to touch the bottom in ours and the lesson pool, we found that she didn't know how to keep afloat in a deeper pool. We haven't been in a deeper pool since she restarted swimming lessons in July, so we're not sure how she'd go, but it's awesome to see her swim so well in her lessons.

It probably sounds silly, but I'm a little bit proud that MissyMoo3 is doing "something" too now. I love her taking these tiny steps towards getting bigger (although she's not taking literal steps yet!). From time to time I find myself gazing at her and realising she's moving away from being a baby, but for the most part, I'm not lamenting it, I'm embracing it. I love it that she's able to do more, be more involved in family life and that her little personality is shining through more and more each day. (I think part of me is also just so tired from all the baby-ness of the past six years that I'm looking forward to life getting a little easier day-to-day as they get older.)


1 comment:

  1. All these tiny steps are exciting as is the personality they reveal a little more each day. It really is the best job in the world.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Please leave a comment here before you go. I love reading them!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...