02 November 2012

3am

I try not to make a habit of being awake at this time. But sometimes when I find myself looking at 3am on the clock, it can be pleasant.

If no little darlings are crying or coughing, the sounds of 3am are inviting: a little swoosh of the breeze outside, Hubby's peaceful breathing, the comforting sounds of stillness.

The light of 3am dances through gaps in the blinds when the moon is full.

Serenity places a soothing hand on my shoulder. There is nowhere to be, nothing to do, just 'be'.

How can a place seem so different from one part of the day to the next?

Moonlight, dance away my fears. Silence, smooth away my worries. Night, carry me back to sleep.

4 comments:

  1. Come ti capisco! Proprio oggi un mio amico ha scritto un post sullo stesso argomento http://soffio-terapeuta.blogspot.it/2012/11/il-sapore-della-notte.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm definitely a morning person - often up by 4a :) I get so much done at that hour.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is such a nice way of looking at 3:00 in the morning!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautifully written...these days I'm usually stirred awake by a little one at 3am but sometimes that cuddle is a nice one, laying still in the darkness, breathing in his baby smell :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Please leave a comment here before you go. I love reading them!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...