27 November 2012

MissyMoo1 turns 6

Oh my goodness, I have a six-year-old! No way, there must be some mistake, I'm far too young for that...


I have a lovely, tall, caring, intelligent six-year-old. She can read, write sentences and tie her own shoelaces (and everyone else's in her class at school, I'm told). MissyMoo1 has a quick wit, often putting me to shame. She is sensitive, but also headstrong. Sometimes we clash (already!) but I try to remind myself that it's her determination that kept her here with us right at the start, and it is something which should be celebrated.

Speaking of her start in life, this is the first of her birthdays during which I have not dwelt upon her birth and felt emotional at some point in the day. Could I finally be healing from the trauma after all this time? Better yet, does this mean that in five years' time I'll get over MissyMoo3's birth too? We live in hope...

MissyMoo1, dear heart, chose a family day out on the weekend to celebrate her birthday instead of a party with her classmates (woohoo, no house full of six-year-olds this year!). We had a wonderful day out - our nuclear family, both sets of grandparents and her uncle.

As it was her birthday yesterday, a school day, she had a special day at school. A birthday certificate at morning assembly, cupcakes shared with her class, birthday news and a lunch order. The festivities continued at home with a dvd on in the afternoon, followed by dinner of her choice and cake.


I wish I could express my pride at having made such a culinary masterpiece, but instead I shall express my pride at having known my limitations and instead having ordered this beauty from a bakery. Yes, there is even glitter on the rainbow. It looks great and it tasted even better.

Happy birthday MissyMoo1.
xx



14 comments:

  1. HAPPY 6TH BIRTHDAY MISS E! Hope you made lots of birthday wishes and your cake looks AWESOME... And sounds rather tasty... Send a piece to England?! heehee
    Hi Francesca, it sounds like you guys had a great time, what a wonderful milestone. Of course, we will always be too young to have children of "that" age! ;0)
    Thank you for taking the time to message me on my blog, meant a lot.
    Have a great day. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry, cake's all gone!
      I'm glad you're back online, my dear :-)

      Delete
  2. Oh Happy Birthday Miss 6. I will have a Miss 6 of my own in January. And don't they love the rainbows and unicorns? My girl has started wearing a wide rainbow headband to school which does not match her uniform at all, but she will hear nothing of this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that cake!! This year I cheated too and bought the My Little Pony cake from Woolies for preschool! They said it was yummy! Kids grow up too quick.
    Team #IBOT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh, I didn't know Woolies did those - too easy!

      Delete
  4. Happy birthday to your little girl. And don't feel about about a bought cake. My boys have never had a home made cake. Oops.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. In my defence, I did bake the cupcakes for school - from a packet - but I still did it and they were yummy :-)

      Delete
  5. Happy Birthday to Miss E. Congratulations on 6 years of Motherhood/Parenthood. I read your story of Miss E's arrival & I cried, because it was very similar to my experience, the baby being taken away in such a rush of confusion, sending daddy after her because, just minutes ago she had all the warmth, love & protection we could offer & then she was out, cold & in danger...the guilt, fear, worry, heartache and then finally many, many hours later the relief in being able to hold her....it is hard not to remember that when we celebrate the day of our baby's birth...but you've turned it around...good on you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had no idea you had such a hard time with your little Miss too. It stays with you, but it's wonderful to finally feel like the emotional healing is happening.

      Delete
  6. Happy birthday To your daughter! Love that cake. We were always allowed to order lunch on our birthday. Best. Day. Ever!!!! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks.
      Yes, the lunch order was definitely a highlight!

      Delete
  7. There is something about them turning six that takes it up a notch I think. They just seem so much older somehow!
    Happy birthday to your beautiful girl xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really does, doesn't it. Six just sounds huge!
      Thanks :-)

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by. Please leave a comment here before you go. I love reading them!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...