03 November 2012

Play Dough

In my recent post about playgroup craft, I mentioned that I was thinking about making some play dough for our next playgroup.

I managed to sneak in some time to make it, half the night before and half the morning of:


The kids had a great time with it at playgroup. They made little balls from the dough, flattened it into "biscuits", made worms. B found some play dough shape cutters and rolling pins so we just lay it all out on the table and the kids went with it. Not just the kids either. I found myself moulding some between my hands during conversation. It was good easy fun.

Speaking of easy, it's really easy to make.

Recipe

2 cups plain flour
1 cup cooking salt
4 tbsps cream of tartar
1 3/4 cups boiling water
2 tbsps polyunsaturated oil.
Food colouring

Combine all ingredients in a bowl. Stir with a wooden spoon and then knead for a bit (once it has cooled slightly or you'll burn your hands - I learned that the hard way). It keeps for a while. I just store mine in old ice cream containers in the pantry.

2 comments:

  1. I love playing with play dough...luckily so does Toddler C.
    We make our own too...so easy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's great fun. I find I don't worry about them mixing colours or wasting it when it's homemade, because it's pretty easy to do again - easier and cheaper than going to the shops to buy some.

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by. Please leave a comment here before you go. I love reading them!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...