01 November 2012

Playgroup Craft

B and I have recently taken over co-ordinating our playgroup.

It's pretty easy-going stuff. We just have to make sure one or both of us is there each week to open up, everyone pitches in to set up, the kids play, the parents drink coffee and chat, everyone pitches in at packing things away and then B or I lock up.

Easy.

The only thing that I think will be a challenge will be organising craft each week. I am not a crafty person. I know it doesn't have to be super awesome, as we're talking kids up to 5 years of age here who will be doing the craft (and their parents!).  But if we don't want to be drawing on scrap pieces of paper each week with coloured pencils, I can see that I'll be searching the internet for ideas on a regular basis.

Here's what we did two weeks ago:


This was MissyMoo2's (3) attempt at a paper bag puppet. I think it's a monster ... or something...

Last week we made paper chains:
We'll be doing this again at some stage,as there's a heap of coloured paper left over ... and it was easy - the kids could do it themselves which left the parents free hands for important stuff like coffee drinking.

What will we be doing tomorrow? Play dough if I can be bothered to make some this afternoon. Otherwise it'll be drawing on scrap paper with coloured pencils. Stay tuned!!

7 comments:

  1. I'm not super crafty either, but there ears good ideas on the ainternet, like Pinterest. Thankfully my daughter just invents her own things, so I am mostly let off the hook.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so great when that happens - my eldest invents her own stuff a lot of the time, but she's too big for playgroup now. She still likes to come up with ideas for me though, so I'm sure I'll tap into her creative mind too :-)

      Delete
  2. Oh, I am so not a crafty mama either. I feel sorry for my boys. Mr Surfer on the other hand thinks up of all sorts of awesome ideas. Just give me some paint and paint brushes (and possibly a sedative to calm me down when things get messy) and I'm good to go :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm a bit cranky with painting, Grace. I only allow it outside, preferably in warmer weather so a minimum of clothing is worn (and stained). My theory is that painting is for pre-school!

      Delete
  3. I have been meaning to make playdough for Mia to have a go off and have just been too lazy. The worst part is she's not quite at the drawing on paper with coloured pencils stage yet either! Must make playdough!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My Miss A is at that stage too. She isn't drawing yet, but she's enjoying the play dough. The good thing about the home-made stuff is that it's no big deal if she eats it - it's just a little salty :-)

      Delete
  4. Hi! My first visit here, I came from FYBF. I often have crafts up on my site, maybe they'd help you out with your planning (not being a spammer, I promise!).

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Please leave a comment here before you go. I love reading them!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...