11 December 2012

All I want for Christmas

...is my two front teeth.

Sorry, I started singing that song when MissyMoo3 was teething with her two front teeth a few months back and now every time I hear the words "all I want for Christmas", I mentally finish off the sentence in the abovementioned fashion.

I have been tagged by Lara at This Charming Mum and Jodi at Mummyhood101 to do an "All I want for Christmas" post. This started with Essentially Jess last Tuesday, so I thought it only fitting to do it today and share it on Jess' IBOT.

As others have said, a lot of the good ones are gone. I've seen a few Christmas wishes in the past week floating around the blogosphere, such is the power of the "post and tag", particularly when started by someone as lovely as Jess. I'm going to stick to what's in my head and heart right now, regardless of whether it has been done before, 'cos that's how I roll ;-)

(1) The ability to make a decision ... and stick to it

Hubby and I joke that we're great at making decisions, just not so good at sticking to them. I really could have a whole series of blog posts running at the moment on our decision-making process with respect to our home and our plans for it over the next few years. Do we subdivide, sell, stay, or another combination or permutation of the lot? I'm not blogging about it for now, as the thought process itself is so tiring that I don't have the energy to get it all on paper (or computer screen). Suffice it to say that all of the thinking has been done - there is very little left to figure out factually. But what we do with the information that we have and how we direct our lives - more or less debt, for example - is a decision we make and then change over and over again. We know the cycle. It's breaking the cycle by sticking to a choice which is what I'd like Santa to bring me this Christmas.

(2) Patience

I've said that since having my third MissyMoo, I no longer have reserves of patience. I try not to fly off the handle at the kids, but I get worn down. It sounds like I'm making excuses. I guess I am. I don't like myself when I'm not calm. I want to be able to just take a deep breath and stay focussed on displaying behaviours that I want my children to also display. Sometimes I pray for patience and I feel better. Other times I don't and I feel drained. But if Santa could bring me a double dose to see me through the Silly Season of junk food and consequently grouchy children, I'd be grateful.

(3) A new oven

My oven is so hard to clean and it's just generally annoying. So a new one would be nice.

(4) A mute button for the whinging

We all do it, some more than others. The MissyMoos' whinging is one of my triggers for the crankiness mentioned in (2) above. That and a bad night's sleep. Put the two together and I'm not the best company.

(5) A tidy craft cupboard

No matter how much I tidy, cull and arrange, it always ends up looking like a craft explosion after about 30 seconds...


So now, I think I'm suppose to tag 5 others to post about what they'd like for Christmas. Here they are:

Back in G-Town
Mother Down Under
Mummy's Undeserved Blessings
The Aussie Hausfrau
Twinkle in the Eye

(Please ignore if you have already been tagged or if you don't have time to do the post - it's optional!)


30 comments:

  1. A mute button. How great would that be??!! I'd also like more patience...but that won't happen. Listened to a buddhist audio book and wanted to punch her in the face...so I think that says it all!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, that does say it all! I have a great image in my head now :-)

      Delete
  2. Why didn't I think of that! Mute button for whining.. and a cone of silence for tantrums.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh definitely a cone of silence for tantrums ... or maybe one for me to sit inside to escape.

      Delete
  3. Great wishes Francesca. The mute button would certainly be handy. I might finally be that serene and contented mother I imagine everyone else to be if it wasn't for the whinging! My girls are already tired just from finishing the school/kindy year and a few social occasions. It's not going to get any better over the next few weeks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a busy time of year and sometimes we're all a bit frazzled. Sigh. At least it's fun too!

      Delete
  4. All excellent wish list items. I want a new oven, too. (If I put this wish to Mr. Mandie, he would ask why, followed by a rude comment such as "you never use the one you have"!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh that Mr Mandie sounds like a cheeky one ;-)

      Delete
  5. Hehe Patience is #1 on my list for 2013!! That and a tidy bento cupboard!!!

    I hope you get your new oven!! Even if you put a lil aside each week.. you'll get there soon enough!!

    mmmmm my mute button won't be needed today as my daughter is in daycare.. but do need it every other day! :) what a great invention that would be!!

    #teamIBOT was here to say hi!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Francesca! I have nominated you for The Sunshine Award! See here: http://thecraftyexpat.wordpress.com/2012/12/10/the-sunshine-award/
    I so want too the craft cupboard. All my crafts things are all over the place at the moment!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, what a beautiful award to receive :-)

      Delete
  7. Great list!
    And thanks for tagging me! I was looking for some blogging inspiration today so it is perfect timing!

    I think a new oven might be on my list too...or better yet an entirely new kitchen!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful Franceca! Thanks for playing.. :)

    I have no patience, so I guess I should have added that to my list! :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There's always room for one more on the list :-)

      Delete
  9. Excellent list! I'm a huge fan of the tidy craft cupboard myself, but can I also add a tidy plastics drawer and pantry, or is that going too far?

    Thanks for the link back and the lovely comments too by the way xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Geez Jess, that's a bit much don't you think?! But, you know, Santa's pretty special, he might be able to sort your plastics drawer too - as long as you're on the nice list ;-)

      Delete
  10. Lol I thought a tidy craft cupboard was a fantasy. Maybe if I wish really hard too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh please yes a mute button for the whinging, that would be so good! I need that too, must write on Xmas list!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Tidy craft cupboard. One of mine was a tidy study. Meh. It's a pipe dream for me... I hope you get there sooner.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ooh thanks for the tag! Now what do I want...

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm hearing you about the patience! Unfortunately I've never had much in reserve of that trait. I'm hoping that I can hold it together over Christmas an the holidays too!
    Fingers crossed they come true for you :-)
    xx

    Visiting from #IBOT

    ReplyDelete
  15. Yes please to the oven and the mute button. Is it too late to revisit my list?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of course not! And if it is, there's always next Christmas...

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by. Please leave a comment here before you go. I love reading them!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...