31 December 2012

Happy New Year!

2012 has been a good year overall. It has been hard work, but not in a bad way, just in a first-full-year-of-having-three-kids way. It has been a huge year. Just some of the milestones include:


I am happy that the year is ending. We've achieved a lot, but I'm tired. I always feel motivated by a new year and all the promise it holds and so I welcome 2013. I will look back at 2012 with a little smile though, perhaps tinged with a little nostalgia, as it is in a way our last "baby" year. In 2013 MissyMoo2 (3) will start pre-school, MissyMoo3 (15 months) will start day care and I will slightly increase my work hours in a routine which I envisage (and hope!) will be in place for the next few years.

I'm content with where we are in our lives as a family. I have finally reached a point in my life at which I am generally happy with and confident in who I am and where I am. For this reason, my new year's resolutions for 2013 won't be drastic. When I wrote my new year's resolutions twelve months ago I had a 5-year-old about to start school, a 2-year-old who'd only just had her first haircut and a newborn in a pavlik harness. Twelve months is a long time - this time next year I'll have a 7-year-old who will have completed her second year of schooling, a 4-year-old who will have done a year at pre-school and a 2-year-old who might be about to have her first haircut. So my resolutions for 2013 will centre around doing what needs to be done for my family to flourish and be happy:

  1. All of my resolutions for 2012 (they were good!)
  2. Be open to saying "yes" more. Now you might think that this contradicts one of my earlier resolutions, but not in the way I mean it. I intend to be sensible about saying "no" when I need to. But I also want to say "yes" to experiences which might challenge us or add fun and laughter to our lives.
  3. Be less grouchy. I don't want to be grumpy at the MissyMoos as much. I will try to take a breath before I answer, to give myself time to consider my approach to things with them.
  4. Be organised. I'm not too bad at this, but I find that I do let it slide at home sometimes. I'd like to stay on top of this in 2013.
  5. Keep reading :-)
Thanks for being a part of my blogging journey in 2012. Hope you stick around for 2013 :-)

Happy New Year!

2 comments:

  1. It's been a great year and it has been fun to share in so much of it with you and your family. Here's to a great 2013!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for being such a good friend through 2012. I've really enjoyed our shared experiences & look forward to many more in 2013 xx

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by. Please leave a comment here before you go. I love reading them!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...