18 December 2012

IBOT about IBOT

The MissyMoos are asleep, but haven't been asleep for long enough to make me confident that they will stay asleep if I make noise tidying up the kitchen, so here's my opportunity to blog!

As it's the last IBOT for 2012, I thought I'd write today's post about blogging on Tuesdays.

I've been linking up with Essentially Jess with IBOT for a few weeks now. I really like doing it. I have found a lot of new blogs to look at and have received some lovely comments on some of my posts too.

It can be a bit tricky though, this IBOT thing. I have to be organised to IBOT because IWOT, so I am out of the house for most of the day in the office, far away from blogging. If I'm organised, IBOM late at night and schedule the post for 6am on the Tuesday, so it looks like IBOT. Then, on the Tuesday morning, I manage to link up in the midst of getting us all ready for work / school / hanging at home with Nonna. To give back some IBOT love, I try to get back on the computer on Tuesday nights, to read a few other IBOT posts, comment and generally catch up on blogginess. Sometimes this doesn't happen, though, and IBOT reading can turn into IROW or IROT (not the Tuesday "T" - the later one...)

Lucky I love this blogging caper, cos it doesn't pay much and it takes up a lot of time. But I do gain from it in the stories I read and the people I "meet".

I'm back at a place where I have so many posts floating around in my mind and very little opportunity to write them. But I'm sure that some down time in Christmas holidays will lead to a little more blog time too.

MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE (in a week!)

23 comments:

  1. Happy Christmas Francesca! Glad you are loving IBOT! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope you have a great Christmas too, Gemma!

      Delete
  2. I love IBOT too but it is so hard to fit in the writing AND reading AND commenting, isn't it? I hope you do find plenty of writing time over the Christmas break because I'm sure I'll enjoy reading it!
    And work is really good! It's hard trying to fit the workload into 3 days but I'll get used to it. The 'adjustment period' is a challenge. Thanks for asking.
    Wishing you and your gorgeous family all of the peace and the joy in the world this Christmas x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kelly! I'm glad you're liking work too - hope you manage the workload ok.
      Merry Christmas to you and your lovely family too :-)

      Delete
  3. I hope you get some time to blog over Christmas!! Merry Christmas to you too!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so not organised so I tend to write on Monday (or more often *gasp* Tuesday at work), comment some on Tuesday, some on Wednesday, some on Thursday... if I'm really lazy some on Friday too which is a bonus because some IBOT posts are linked to FYBF or FBF so you get a double whammy.

    What I like most about all the linkys is 'meeting' new blogs and the fact that it does force me to interact a bit when it would be really easy to post and read but not comment.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I'm with you on the interaction - it's great :-)

      Delete
  5. LOL I often find myself doing the same - IROW, IROT, IROF ...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds funny when you sound out those acronymns ;-)

      Delete
  6. I'm so happy I found your blog through IBOT! Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rita! I'm happy to have found yours too. Hope you have a great Christmas :-)

      Delete
  7. I am new to IBOT too and am really enjoying reading other blogs that I haven't seen before too. I agree always lovely to get comments too. I have only IBOted for the last couple of weeks but definitely going to try to be organised and do it in the New Year regularly. Great to find your blog.
    Don't need to say it but popped over from IBOT ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm fairly new to IBOT too and I avoided it early on because T was always a bad day for me. Like you I often BOM and schedule now - that way if I actually do have any time on T I spend it reading other people's posts! Sounds like you're feeling inspired at the moment. Hope you get some free time to go with it x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fairy wishes and butterfly kisses lovely. Loved your IBOT post, I generally write Monday night to have ready for Tuesday morning, linking as soon as I wake up only to find that there are generally 30 odd people who have already done the same. Crazy how quick the list grows in the morning.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Haha! I love this post!
    I don't care what day you read and share the love; sometimes its nice to get a surprise later in the week!

    Thanks so much for linking francesca! xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. what a fabby IBOT post! :) Merry Christmas and a safe and happy new year!


    xx

    #teamIBOT was here xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. He he, I love this. IBOT is such a great community. I have found so many new blogs and get heaps of different visitors. It's very cool :) Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  13. ICOW and sometimes even Thursdays. By the time iBOT I have spent enough time on the pc already.
    Merry Christmas xo

    ReplyDelete
  14. I always get mine ready a day or 2 before, and sometimes its being written still at midnight.

    I read them as much as I can on Tuesday, prob 20-30 or so posts, and then slowly read through a heap more over the next few days. (like now!)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I have been linking up for a while now. I always write it the day before but post it in the morning. Good to see you here. Rachel xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Merry Christmas Francesca! I hope you find some more hours in the day next year to keep blogging on Tuesdays... and Wednesdays, and Mondays... and... you know lol

    xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Please leave a comment here before you go. I love reading them!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...