03 January 2013

Francesca's Festa of Favourites - January 2013

INTRODUCING ... (byo drumroll)...


FRANCESCA'S FESTA OF FAVOURITES!




Do you like the alliteration?

New to Francesca Writes Here in 2013 is what I intend to be a monthly link-up. 

I know, I know, in 2012 I said I wouldn't do themes after "I Spy in July". But it's 2013 now; that was so last year.

So what am I talking about? 

"Festa" in Italian means a celebration, a party. This link-up is a place where you can place links to your favourite posts in a given month, but here's the difference: they don't have to be posts you've written (although they can be). You can link to any post for the month that, for you, has been a must-read, that you're proud of, or that you think is funny.

What's the benefit? I'm lazy, so I hope that by the end of the month, it provides me with a summary of cool posts to read. If you're lazy, you can sponge off the list too :-) As I said, the intention is for this to be monthly, so there'll be a separate link-up for February, for March etc.

Now as well as being lazy, I'm also not into spending money on my blog, so I haven't used one of those super-dooper paid linky party tools. I've signed up for a free one, so I hope it works (leave a comment and tell me if it doesn't). The disadvantage of the free one is that there are no thumbnails, so you'll need to be creative with your words to get people to want to click on the link!

So, here you are, any time through January, feel free to link up posts you love.

Welcome to Francesca's Festa of Favourites!!

36 comments:

  1. Sounds like an easy way of getting acquainted with some new blogs! I'll try to add one...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Gina. I think so. The month is young, I'll try to write something decent or wait until I read something stand-outish to add a link :-)

      Delete
    2. That bread and butter post is beautiful, thanks :-)

      Delete
  2. Great idea Francesca! I'll keep it in mind.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I tried to add a link to a post I read today from Subversive Reader that I loved but it tells me the URL can't be more than 100 characters so I can't link it. That might be your only problem with the linky tool though. It won't stop me however, I will just post my link here in the comments!
    https://subversivereader.wordpress.com/2013/01/04/breastfeeding-old-wives-tales-and-double-standards/
    Great idea Francesca!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kylie. You get what you pay for, I guess! Comments work well too, thanks for adding your link!

      Delete
  4. This is a cool idea! Love that you are asking for links from other blogs! Love the sharing attitude!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great idea Francesca - good luck with it, it's awesome to promote more sharing between bloggers, I hope you get lots of linkers!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like a great idea! I have added my linky
    Although I actually added my own.
    Will find someone else's cool post to link next time :)
    Leanne @ Deep Fried Fruit

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Leanne - adding your own is great too. Great post, by the way. Happy new word :-)

      Delete
  7. Love the idea, Francesca! Will pop back later and add a post.
    Happy new year! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Grace, happy new year to you too xx

      Delete
  8. What a great idea, thanks for providing the link, I'll have to make sure I try and write something REALLY worth reading this month, and when I do I'll join it, or if I find someone else's I'll post theirs.
    I'm just new to this blog world and just figuring out how it all works.
    Have a great week Francesca :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I'm enjoying reading your stuff, I hope you keep it up :-)

      Delete
  9. What a great idea, I've been slack so far this month but got a few crackers on my mind, if not I'll find another funny one to add to your link. Have a great week Francesca! Emily :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Emily, I'm looking forward to seeing what you choose!

      Delete
  10. Anche questa è un'ottima idea, brava Francesca.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great idea and Happy New Year.

    Please check out my blog and enter my competition.
    http://socialamore.blogspot.com.au/2013/01/social-amore-turns-1-giveaway.html

    Amanda xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy new year, Amanda. Thanks for sharing your link :-)

      Delete
  12. Lovely idea I have added a link

    Thisdayilove

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for adding, great post!

      Delete
  13. I too had problems with the linky... here's my Fav post this month:

    http://meetoo.com.au/2012/12/29/murray-rose-pool-formally-known-as-redleaf-pool/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for adding your link to my comments - sorry the linky thingy didn't work for you. I just read your post. It looks gorgeous! Thanks again for linking up :-)

      Delete
  14. I added a link by Mumabulous, Vogue Inferiors - I just loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I loved a post Mumabulous did this month, Vogue Inferiors, so included it in the linky :-)

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a great idea!
    I added my own this month but I love the idea of adding other posts that you have come across that you love!
    I am going to go and get myself a cup of tea and settle in to do some reading!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I Francesca, I tried to add a link but it's not working. Anyways, I'm just going to put it here:
    http://keepingupwiththeholsbys.com/2013/01/29/no-one-said-marriage-would-be-easy/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for adding this, Rita. I've found that you have to add ".html" to the end of the link for it to work. I've added it now :-)

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by. Please leave a comment here before you go. I love reading them!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...