13 January 2013

Liebster awards #7, 8 & 9

Late last year, I was lucky enough to be awarded with another not one, not two, but three Liebster Awards, taking my grand total up to a whopping NINE!

Now if you've read my Liebster #6 post (go on, you'll love it - the spammers do, all those links...) you'll probably guess that I wasn't really expecting to get any more - it was like a 'final curtain call' type of post. Anyway, four days after posting that, I was awarded another Liebster by Min at Min's Mash. Then a couple of weeks later, Mrs D & Candy Bows gave me another. Lastly (but not leastly!) I received a Liebster award from Declutterbug versus Captain Stinkypants. Thank you so much to those lovely bloggers for thinking of me. I'm so sorry it has taken me this long to accept the award.

Here's something a bit different: the cool thing about this latest set of awards is that they have a prettier picture. I'm looking forward to having this one up on my sidebar:



Each of these lovely bloggers asked me 11 questions, so I will answer all 33. Get comfy :-)

Questions from Min
1. What inspired you to start a blog?
In my case, it's not what, but who. Hubby inspired me to start a blog - it was his idea anyway, as I hadn't really come across blogs before then. I was a stay-at-home mum with two MissyMoos, no paid job at that stage to think about going back to and I wanted to keep my brain functioning at an adult level. 

2. Do you have a favourite author. If so, who and why?
I don't really. I have quite a few whose books I really enjoy reading, but no stand-out favourite. If a book is a good story, well told and easy to read (in a flowing sense, not in a dumbed down sense), then I feel I've struck gold as a reader.

3. What is one interesting fact about you that you have not revealed on your blog?
I'm left-handed to write, but use scissors and bowl/play tennis etc with my right hand.

4. What was the name of your  first pet. What animal was it?
Tish, a cat.

5. Are you an extrovert or an introvert?
It depends on the situation. I guess that makes me an extroverted introvert.

6. Do you prefer summer or winter and why?
Summer - longer days, more to do. In winter, all we do is get sick.

7. What would be your choice for ultimate relaxation?
Anything child-free for a couple of hours...

8. Name the blog that you read the most and why.
The Baynhams. They're very good friends of ours :-)

9. What is yours or your family's most favourite meal to have for dinner.
Spaghetti bolognese. It's the only thing everyone eats all up!

10. Name something that made you smile in the last week?
Watching the MissyMoos splashing around with the hose this afternoon.

11. What would we find in your handbag?
Purse, notebook and pencil, tissues.


Questions from Mrs D & Candy Bows
1. Is your blog your job or your hobby?
My blog is my hobby, not my job :-)

2. Do you work from home and if so, how do you manage to work around the kids?
I currently work in an office two days per week, but in a couple of weeks time I'll be starting up with an extra day working from home. Working around the kids will be easy - they won't be home. MissyMoo1 (6) will be at school, MissyMoo2 (3) at pre-school and MissyMoo3 (15 months) at day care. The three drop-offs and pick-ups will be a task, but it will be worth it for a quiet house.

3. If you could have a whole day to yourself, what would you do?
Play guitar, sing, go out for coffee with friends and end with a nice meal out with Hubby.

4. What's your favourite quick, never fail, dinner recipe?
Fajitas

5. Are you good at saying no when you need to?
I'm okay, but I could be better.

6. What the most embarrassing situation your little ones have put you in when out and about?
Once I was walking in a crowded shopping centre holding an 18-month-old daughter on my hip, when she grabbed my nearest breast and shouted "boobies" three times. From then on we started using the Italian words for certain parts of the anatomy.

7. Are you currently following your passion?
If by my passion, you mean being super rich and travelling the world with my family, winning karaoke contests everywhere I go, then no. If my passion is working a flexible job which is interesting but still allows me to take care of my family, then yes.

8. Are you super organised or do you survive in organised chaos?
I'm usually pretty organised, but the holidays have thrown me a bit. I'm feeling a bit spaced out by the lack of routine.

9.  Have you ever moved country before?
No

10. Do you have a thermomix?
No

11. Camping, do you love it or hate it?
Liked it without kids. Never been with them, but don't see it happening.


Questions from Declutterbug versus Captain Stinkypants
1. How has blogging affected you?
It has affected me in many positive ways. I have "met" wonderful people, come to feel like part of a community (online) and have even received a couple of surprises through the exposure my blog has given me.

2. What do you do when you get some "me" time?
Blog, read.

3. Do you share your blog with family and close friends?
Of course! They're my biggest fans!

4. How often do you check your blog stats?
Daily. I'm a bit obsessive like that...

5. What inspires you to write?
Personal stuff. Things people say or do, things I do. It could be anything really.

6. How do you relax in the evening?
I don't really. In the evening, I do the housework I can't do when the little ones are awake, like ironing. Sometimes I read. Then I sleep. When I'm asleep, I'm relaxing.

7. Do you sleep with your smartphone?
No way. No way. It lives on a different level of the house! I get enough interruptions to my sleep from the kids, I don't want to be tempted by notifications on my screen in the middle of the night.

8. Name a person you admire?
My Nonna. 

9. Coffee or tea?
Coffee

10. Your dream holiday is...?
Sicily at the tail end of summer/early autumn with my family. Kids playing with cousins, granitas for breakfast, strolls in the piazza, gelato at the bar, being immersed in the delightful language...

11. In five years' time you hope to be...?
Here ... and less frazzled, because all three kids will be at school.

Thanks very much for these awards. I really appreciate that people are thinking of me when deciding who to pass these onto. 

For my part, I've decided not to pass it on this time, as I've already passed it onto quite a few blogs in the past. Although, if any of you who I've already given it to want the pink one instead, go right ahead :-)

10 comments:

  1. I always love a post where you get to find out a bit more about the person behind the blog!
    Congratulations on being a multiple award winner!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! Great answers, thanks for leaving the 'heads up' on my page, always good to be able to jump straight to a post you want to read, the Declutterbug :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved reading all your answers! I've just done it with a cup of tea and the ipad in bed. Perfect Sunday reading - thanks. Have a great week XXXX

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Francesca, it's a great way to get to know someone a little better by reading these posts. I can't believe you have been nominated NINE (9) times!! Very wise idea to not nominate another 11 yourself after having received the award so many times already. I think I am an extroverted introvert too. I prefer winter to summer (minus the sicknesses) as I don't cope well with the heat and I prefer winter clothes. Thank you for still playing, even after so many prior nominations. I didnt know the award looked different previously. Good to know you have now acquired one that is a little different :-) xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love posts like this, getting to know people better.
    I must read your other posts like this. I got a FB message once that said "I Leibstered you" and I thought it was an auto correct or something. I had no idea. Now I feel terrible.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, Melissa, oh well. It is a funny name, I had no idea either the first time I got one :-)

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by. Please leave a comment here before you go. I love reading them!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...