23 January 2013

My Sunshine Award

Late last year, I was lucky enough to be awarded a Sunshine Award by Rita from The Crafty Expat.



I love reading Rita's blog. She blogs about crafty things, but has also had such an interesting life so far, that you really should check out her blog for yourself and read all about her. And she blogs in English, which is not her first language: formidable!

The Sunshine Award is an award given by bloggers to other bloggers.  The recipients of the Sunshine Award are: “Bloggers who positively and creatively inspire others in the blogsphere”.  The way the award works is this: Thank the person who gave you the award and link back to them.  Answer questions about yourself.  Select 10 of your favourite bloggers, link their blogs to your post and let them know they have been awarded the Sunshine Award!

After reading the description of the award, I was feeling all warm and fuzzy at the thought that Rita thought of me as somebody positive and inspiring. It isn't usually how I would describe myself, so I was pleasantly surprised, and I'm very thankful for this award, Rita!

Some questions and answers about me:

1. Favourite time of the year: Spring - it's warm enough to get outside, do things and shake off winter grumpiness, but not too hot for the little ones.

2. Favourite Movie: Cinema Paradiso. Every time I watch it, I'm transported to Sicilia.

3. What is your passion?: My family and singing.

4. Favourite colour: Pink - yes, I'm a bit girly :-)

5. Favourite time of the day: Morning. I'm generally chirpy in the morning - once there's a cup of coffee in my hand!

6. Favourite non-alcoholic beverage: Hot chocolate, mmm...

7. Favourite physical activity: Jogging. I like going at my own pace and getting a workout.

8. Favourite fruit: Mangoes

9. Favourite vacation: My ideal holiday would be one which didn't require any effort on my part. Maybe I could stay at home and have a nanny for a week for the MissyMoos!

10. Something sunshiney about yourself: I have a big smile :-))))


I'm not sure who I want to pass this onto right now, as I've been giving out Liebster awards like spam over the past few months. What I'm going to do is wait until I read something that really brightens my day, and then pass the award onto that person at that time :-)


Edit - added 28 January 2013
I'm awarding this to the following two bloggers:

With Some Grace - inspired by her happy birthday post; and
B Being Cool - inspired by her post about 50 free ways to enjoy any city.

Congratulations ladies :-)

10 comments:

  1. congratulations on your sunshine award - very much deserved.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! You put such a big smile on my face! You are so welcome! I think this award is much deserved! I love Cinema Paradiso! It is such a beautiful movie. Felicitation Francesca!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations and the award and what a great way to pass it one as well. Look forward to hearing about the recipient when you decide

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rhianna, I'll be sure to post about it.

      Delete
  4. Congrats on bringing sunshine to other blogger's lives! Emily

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations! What a lovely award to receive :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love reading these things - it takes me back to school chain letters! x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Please leave a comment here before you go. I love reading them!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...