05 February 2013

Francesca's Festa of Favourites - February 2013


Last month, I launched a monthly link up: Francesca's Festa of Favourites. It had a great response for a first-time link up, with 21 great posts added. You can read them here.

I've closed that link now, as it's no longer January, but never fear, the February link up is here!

So come and join in with 
Francesca's Festa of Favourites for February 
(and I thought last month's alliteration was good!)

If you're not sure what I'm on about, here's a recap: "Festa" in Italian means a celebration, a party. This link-up is a place where you can place links to your favourite posts in a given month, but here's the difference: they don't have to be posts you've written (although they can be). You can link to any post for the month that, for you, has been a must-read, that you're proud of, or that you think is funny.

What's the benefit? I'm lazy, so I hope that by the end of the month, it provides me with a summary of cool posts to read. If you're lazy, you can sponge off the list too :-) 

Now as well as being lazy, I'm also not into spending money on my blog, so I haven't used one of those super-dooper paid linky party tools, so this is a free one. A few people had trouble with it last month, but I've found that as long as you remember to have ".html" at the end of the URL, it usually works. (Let me know in the comments if you have trouble and I'll try to fix it). The disadvantage of the free one is that there are no thumbnails, so you'll need to be creative with your words to get people to want to click on the link!

So, here you are, any time through February, feel free to link up posts you love.

Welcome to Francesca's Festa of Favourites!!





21 comments:

  1. This is a great idea! I've linked up my fav post from Feb....so far ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome Tina, it looks like you had a great time. I love the duck face photo! Thanks for linking up!

      Delete
  2. A great idea, I think I forgot to join January, but now I HAVE put in diary so will do Feb in say two weeks after my Fiesta! - birthday :) Em

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great idea - now I need to put my thinking cap on - to add one of my posts? or someone else's??
    Josefa from #teamIBOT xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a goat idea, spewing I missed January, best get writing so I have something to add in this month

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rhianna, can't wait to see what you come up with :-)

      Delete
  5. Thanks for hosting again!
    I will be linking up once I read...or write...that perfect post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds great, I'm looking forward to it :-)

      Delete
  6. Ok I have to remember this one!!
    FYI, inlinkz, which I use for IBOT is a free link up as well. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really? I thought it just charging to use it, that's why I didn't use it. Oh well, lesson learned :-)

      Delete
  7. Hello! I linked a post of mine only because I'm trying to discipline a 19-month old, and I'm hoping some of your readers can help :) Thank you xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for linking up. I hope you get some useful advice :-)

      Delete
  8. Thanks for adding my post to your link up! Very flattered :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Francesca!
    I tried to put a link again but didn't work. Here's the link:
    http://thischarmingmum.com/2013/02/26/putting-the-pieces-together/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I got it working, Rita. This one needed www. at the beginning - temperamental thing!

      Delete
  10. Oh, and thanks for adding my link the ten R's!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love this idea! Lara linked me up. She's so sweet :-) Now to find my favourite for the month...I'll be back.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Submission by Angelica Minx via The Shake linked up. Great piece.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Francesca, thanks so much for linking up with my recent post! Glad that you enjoyed it. (And I'm a sucker for allitertion, so nice job!)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Please leave a comment here before you go. I love reading them!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...