21 March 2013

Thankful Thursday: A little list

The thing I like about participating in Thankful Thursday is that, even when I'm not feeling overly thankful about one thing in particular, I feel compelled to look for the positives in things. When I do this, I inevitably feel more positive about more things.

So, this week, I've put together a little list of thankful:

  • I'm thankful to have no more work trips to Sydney in the foreseeable future. Although I did get something out of the seminars, I'm tired and I like home better.

  • I'm thankful for good friends and family. With Tuesday's early morning trip to Sydney, I missed seeing MissyMoo1 (6) dressed up in silly socks and a silly hat for her school's walk-a-thon. Hubby and Nonna did a great job of getting her ready in the morning. Nonna texted me a photo of her taken before she went to school. Gina took MissyMoo1 to school so that Nonna wouldn't have to get all three MissyMoos out to the bus stop first thing in the morning. Gina sent me a photo and video of MissyMoo1 during the day. I felt like a part of the day even though I couldn't be there. I'm very thankful to have so much support.

  • I'm thankful that I have nearly finished my manuscript! I have been working on it so hard lately, spending late nights tapping away at the computer and my lunch breaks at work anti-socially scribbling in my notebook. Writing a novel has always been on my bucket list, but the thought that I've actually nearly done it is amazingly exciting!

  • I am thankful that I will be meeting up with the Old Ducks tonight to chat about Maeve Binchey's lovely book, Minding Frankie. I am also so very thankful that these wonderful ladies have agreed to read through my manuscript when it's done.

  • I am thankful for sunshine and cool breezes.

  • I am thankful for time spent drinking Coronas with my husband (not sponsored!)

  • I am thankful for healthy, happy, chatty children.



Linking up for Thankful Thursday with Six by the Bay:


8 comments:

  1. What a gorgeous list! I agree that when you actually have to stop and think, there are so many things to be grateful for that are just taken for granted. I love Thankful Thursday too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How amazing to finish a novel - congratulations

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your list. Ialso love how thankful thursday makes you realise whats important. I hate your corona one only because I can't drink at the moment!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, sorry Ann, yes let's just say I'm enjoying this non-pregnant, non-breastfeeding stage of my life :-)

      Delete
  4. Wow, congratulations on finishing your manuscript! That's an amazing accomplishment!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree with you, TT is a great way to force us to see what we have in our lives at times when its all too hard! If only Corona would sponsor us...... Oh well, one can dream! Thanks for linking up xxxxx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Please leave a comment here before you go. I love reading them!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...