25 April 2013

Breathing Easy

My fingertips lightly brush a wisp of hair from her closed eyelid. She stirs slightly; her mouth's brief comfortable movement barely noticeable. Her chest rises and falls peacefully. She is calm. She is serene. She is sleeping.

**********

This Thursday, I am thankful for the health of my children. Over the past couple of weeks each of them has had their own illnesses to deal with and mend from. Some have needed treatment, others haven't. Tonight I am thankful that my MissyMoos are breathing easily in their sleep. I am thankful that they are resting, hopefully to feel stronger again tomorrow. I am thankful that no matter how miserable they may feel, a nice cuddle can make things a little better.


Linking up for Thankful Thursday with Six by the Bay:

Six By The Bay

8 comments:

  1. A beautiful thing to be thankful for indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good health is never to be taken for granted that's for sure. So glad your kids are all well but sorry to hear they have been unwell. One of my sons has been quite unwell for the last few days with very high temps. He is 20 but it is still worrying for a mum. Min xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry to hear that, Min. I hope he is on the mend now :-)

      Delete
  3. Beautiful post Francesca. It's such a blessing to have healthy babies isnt it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It sure is, Jess. It's so easy to take for granted and I only realise what a blessing it is when they're not well.

      Delete
  4. Thats beautiful. Sleeping children are divine. xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Please leave a comment here before you go. I love reading them!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...