11 April 2013

Butterflies

I'm feeling jittery tonight.

In one week, the Old Ducks Book Club will gather to discuss my manuscript. My synopsis is currently on hold, until I gain valuable insight from these ladies. In the meantime, I edit. From the time of April's bookclub chat, I have set myself a tight deadline for my manuscript's first submission.

I follow a lot of authors on Twitter and I see them talking about excitedly anticipating the publication of their latest books, while I am excitedly anticipating clicking "send email" once I get it all together.

I have daydreams of how I might one day be a published author. But I'm not deluding myself that it's going to be plain sailing. I have a Plan B ... and a Plan C.

This is why I fidget. I know that finishing a book is an achievement unto itself, particularly with everything else I have going on in my life, but now the future is unknown. I'm impatient.

I could just not write this and wait to write a big triumphant blog post if my book becomes a huge success (I'm a dreamer!), or keep nice and quiet if nothing comes of it. But, this is my journey and if writing a book isn't blog fodder, then I don't know what is!

Thanks for reading my ramblings. You may go and do something more interesting now :-)


22 comments:

  1. Super exciting times lovely!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So much nervous energy and I haven't even finished editing yet!

      Delete
  2. That's so fabulous! A major achievement just to write as you said. Many times I've thought of writing a book but I don't have the dedication or patience to write and edit like that. Well done and good luck! X

    ReplyDelete
  3. Immagino l'emozione, la trepidazione, l'ansia...A volte sarebbe tanto più facile se riuscissimo a stare nel momento, vero?
    Comunque vada, sarà un inizio, dunque un fatto assolutamente positivo.
    Hai già tre piccoli capolavori...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Certo, ma non posso stare nel momento - il mio carattere mi fa sempre pensare al futuro :-) Grazie, hai ragione. Sono fiera di avere finito scrivere il romanzo. Ma quelli tre piccoli tesori sono i miei capolavori :-)

      Delete
  4. What an exciting but nervous time. Finishing your book is a huge achievement. I'm 3/4 the way through my first draft, getting there, slowly! I really do hope all your dreams come true!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Congratulations Jodi, I hope it goes well for you too. It's such a time-consuming process!

      Delete
  5. WOW - exciting times for you !!! The reason you have butterflies is because it means so much to you - I would be worried if you said you didn't have butterflies !
    Have the best weekend !
    Me

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, you're right. If I'm this jumpy now before I've even sent anything off, imagine how I'll be afterwards!

      Delete
  6. How exciting and nerve wracking at the same time. Hope everything that you have ever dreamed of falls into place for you sweetie xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I would be nervous too! It's like stepping out on stage when you've been quietly rehearsing in the privacy of your own study. I have no doubt that you're a talented writer - I hope the book club things so too :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely, and I've been quietly rehearsing for a while now, so finally putting myself out there is tricky ... but exciting! Thanks so much for your kind words, Lara. If I ever do publish this book, I hope you'll read it someday - I love reading your book reviews; I've actually added a couple of books to my Goodreads "to read" list thanks to your blog :-)

      Delete
    2. I look forward to reviewing it when it is (inevitably!) published to widespread acclaim :)

      Delete
  8. Well done! What an achievement in itself. Hold onto those dreams, it's the only way they become realities x

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have the butterflies for you and just can't imagine that awesome feeling, enjoy every minute of it - you've worked for it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I can't wait to hear about how it all went Francesca with your book club. I hear you on the "not knowing the future..." I have written a book too but I struggle on the editing part.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rita, it went very well. I'll blog about it in the coming week. Now I'm trying to focus on finishing the edit.

      Congratulations on having written a book. It's such a huge body of work :-)

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by. Please leave a comment here before you go. I love reading them!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...