09 April 2013

Ten "F" Words

Inspired by Rita at The Crafty Expat with her post on The 10 Rs of her life (aaaaages ago), I have come up with ten words beginning with F (for Francesca) which resonate in my life.

So here are my ten F-words (not that F-word, which I said earlier tonight when I got my toes caught in one of those toys with bendy wires on a block of wood with the wooden shapes threaded in for kids to push along the loops, which was lying in the middle of Miss A's bedroom floor...):


1. Family: it is so important to me - the nuclear family Hubby & I have created, the one I came from and all the branches of extended family here, there and everywhere. Sometimes family relationships are not easy. Sometimes they break down. But they're special and I hold them dear.

2. Friendship: Sometimes friends come and go and sometimes, when you're lucky, they stay. I feel blessed knowing I have close friends and for the important part friends have played in different times of my life.

3. Forgiveness: This is something I have struggled with in recent years - trying to forgive when I have been hurt deeply. I think I'm there now and am at peace in the knowledge that forgiveness doesn't necessarily mean forgetting or picking up the relationship again - although it can and it has in some circumstances :-)

4. Faith: My faith is important to me, but at times, a struggle. I do my best.

5. Frugal: I'm not frugal in a make-your-own-soap-and-baby-wipes kind of way, but I don't see the point of spending money for the sake of spending money. We have financial goals and we save for them.

6. Fragile: I'm an overthinker and quite sensitive, so please be nice to me :-)

7. Fun: I try to be fun and have fun. For example, I like putting on silly accents for the kids. The other day, I danced with MissyMoo2 (3) to "The Fairies" ballet dvd (I felt that the next morning, what a workout!)

8. Fiery: I have a Sicilian's temper (but the Aussie in me manages to hold it in ... sometimes).

9. Future: I think about it a lot (not just my dream of flying cars in 2015 à la "Back to the Future"...) and plan for it. I have many hopes for the future and a lot of what I do today is aimed towards tomorrow.

10. Fitness: I'm not all that fit at the moment. I jog very occasionally, as finding the opportunity is tricky. But I value fitness and I want it to be part of my life. In the meantime, I chase my little kids and go up and down the stairs several times a day.




21 comments:

  1. Very clever. I share your traits of being an overthinker and I can be a little fiery from time to time.
    Not sure I could come up with 10 'J' words for my life, that's a tricky one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. J is tricky. I thought F would be and it kind of was, but not as hard as I thought it would be :-)

      Delete
  2. What a great post - if you don't mind I may pinch it sometime in the future (when I can think of 10 L words !)
    I love that you included things that are easy to do as well as things that you are working on.
    Have the best day !
    Me

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pinch away!
      Thanks, it's all part of the work-in-progress that is Francesca :-)

      Delete
  3. Wonder if a Xanthe could come up with 10? Fiery is a great one...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Far out, Xanthe might have to be rather creative!

      Delete
  4. I think you and I would have a lot in comon Francesca. Though maybe it's harder for me to keep my fiery side in check :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's something I struggle with, Jess!

      Delete
  5. Well you sound pretty 'Fabulous' to me!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think those F's apply to me too! :) Maybe I should come up with some R words?

    ReplyDelete
  7. We have some very similar traits, especially fiery, frugal, fragile! I might have to do this for E for Emily at some stage - xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd love to read a 10 Es post from you :-)

      Delete
  8. Clever post and I really enjoyed i! not sure I could come up with 10 R words! MMmmm racey, raunchy, ridiculous - hahahann

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, hey, that sounds like an interesting read ;-)

      Delete
  9. That's right this was on my list of things to do as well, thanks for the reminder, though like Robyn I wonder how I would come up with 10 R words. I love your F words

    fairy wishes and butterfly kisses lovely

    ReplyDelete
  10. wonderful F words! Fabulous, you might say! ;-) haw haw. -Aroha

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great post. I had a lot of fun with this one too, but believe me, "J" is REALLY challenging!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Please leave a comment here before you go. I love reading them!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...