28 April 2013

The Life of Pi - Yann Martel

Source
This is an amazing tale.

I haven't seen the movie yet, but when my mother offered to lend me this book, I decided to give it a go. Because I knew it had been made into a movie, I had high expectations of the book.

The story itself was intriguing. The descriptions were detailed and drew me into his world. There were interesting philosophical points to digest, which kept me reading. I can only imagine that writing a story like this would have been incredibly difficult and I think the author did a good job of it. For me though, it wasn't a not-put-down-able book. It was a little slow in parts, but then again, I imagine that over 200 days in a life boat with a Bengal tiger would be...

Book: Paperback. Borrowed from Nonna.
Rating: I've given this 3 stars on Goodreads.
One-liner: an amazing tale. It was a bit slow in some parts, but then again, over 200 days in a life boat with a Bengal tiger would be...

4 comments:

  1. I haven't read the book or seen the movie either. Not on my radar at the moment, I must admit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this book - read it ages ago. I remember thinking it was completely strange(!), but with some nice lessons to learn. Haven't seen the movie yet either.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this book. Haven't seen the movie yet though. Nonsensical, but revealing all at the same time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've seen the movie. Does that qualify me to suggest it be a future read for the Old Ducks?!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Please leave a comment here before you go. I love reading them!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...