23 May 2013

Thankful for Thursdays

Almost a year ago when I was joining in Thankful Thursday with Kate Says Stuff, I wrote a post about being thankful for Thursdays.

Looking back at that, I realise how different my Thursdays are now that Thursday has become an additional work day.

Thursdays are a mad rush in the morning.

After getting the three MissyMoos ready and three bags packed, we're out of the door by 8am. First stop is MissyMoo2's (3) preschool five minutes' drive down the road. Once she's signed in and settled, it's ten minutes in the opposite direction to MissyMoo3's (19 months) daycare. Once she's signed in and settled, I drop MissyMoo1 (6) off to school. I'm usually back home by 9am, completing the circle of chaos.

Although the start of the day is busy and can become stressful when things are not going smoothly, I am thankful for Thursdays, just for different reasons than I used to be.

I arrive home to quiet. The only noise I hear is the noise I make. I can choose to play soft music ... or not.

I have about half an hour to get housework done before I start my work from home day - a precious window of opportunity to make a difference to the state of the house without one or more little people promptly undoing all the work I just did.

Time for an uninterrupted coffee.

Then when my work day begins, I can concentrate. Thursdays allow me to think more deeply about what I am doing, to concentrate on bigger pieces of work, to plan. After two days in the office talking to people, attending meetings, doing ad hoc pieces as they arise, Thursday is my day to enjoy solitude.

And oooh I enjoy it!


Linking up for Thankful Thursday with Six by the Bay:


Six By The Bay
 


 

I'm also very thankful to Leigh for entrusting Thankful Thursday to me from next week. I hope you'll join me :-)

Francesca Writes Here




14 comments:

  1. I'll still be joining in - thank you for taking TT on!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I'm looking forward to it :-)

      Delete
  2. YAY - I couldn't have thought of a nicer person to host TT now that Leigh is unable to do it anymore !!! Thank you for taking it on !
    I love TT because it really makes me take stock of where I am in life and think of the things that I have to be thankful for because, at the end of the day, there is ALWAYS things to be thankful for.
    Have the best day - I'll be here next Thursday !
    Love, hugs and positive energy !
    Me

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, thanks so much! I love it for the same reasons :-)

      Delete
  3. I used to work one day from home. I had remote access. I loved it! It saved me two hours of commuting! I could get washing on. I could work in my pj's. I could make coffee and snacks whenever I wanted. It was fabulous! A big congrats to you for being the new host of Thankful Thursday from next week. Now your Thursday's will be ever more rushed and crazy! LOL Min xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, they will be! The good thing about hosting is that I'll be able to write it the night before and schedule it to publish bright and early Thursday morning so it shouldn't be a burden on our busy morning schedule!

      Delete
  4. Congratulations on picking up TT, I haven't been publicly thankful for ages but it was one of my favourite link ups for a while. I must try and get back into

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd love to see you linking up if you get a chance :-)

      Delete
  5. Looking forward to joining you in the future for TT :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, the quiet. And a cup of caffeine uninterrupted....

    Would love you to link up with us!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just did. Thanks for stopping by :-)

      Delete
  7. I would love to work from home, for all of the reasons you have listed - glad you are grateful for Thursdays. Hopefully I'll be able to link back in with TT from time to time - working 5 days doesn't leave me much time for blogging anymore...good luck with hosting the linkup!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That sounds like my absolute idea day!!! At the moment I still have one child with me all the time, and I do crave a day to just get on top of the house work and do some of my own work - but I just have to remember that's its not forever! Xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Please leave a comment here before you go. I love reading them!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...